Forums

Help › Forums

Lvl 61/81 with RSi2

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 10 2018 10:46 AM (5 replies)
  • xlviii
    502 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 6:07 PM

I've been away from the game for quite a while, mainly because of cost, but I think I've solved my credit issues. I'm just a few days away from L90 and the RSi2 irons and would like to upgrade from the L33 Callaways at the same time. I was originally looking at the L48 Nikes, then the L51 Volviks as the Nikes were phased out, and now either the L61 or L81 balls (TM?).

I can't see any reason to use the L48s as I'd like the slower meter speed, but I'm wondering which of the L61 and L81 is considered the better ball and if either is better with the new irons I'll be getting. I think I read somewhere that fmagnets felt the L61 was more consistent, and he still seems to be using those.

I'd consider other options, but I'm looking for the best ball for 500-600 credits and under. Also, does anyone have mapping info for the RSi2s and either of those balls (or a different ball you'd recommend more)? I know siggi has that stuff, but I don't think he's been around recently.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 6:43 PM

I prefer the lvl 61 ball myself, been using it for years! That said I also like the lvl 81 on certain courses, I keep a few in my bag all the time....

I believe Jimbog has the mapping for the lvl 81, and WB has the lvl 61 but not sure with which irons.

Good to see you back playing again!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 9:01 AM

xlviii:
    I'd consider other options, but I'm looking for the best ball for 500-600 credits and under.

I use the 81 TM as a replacement for the 71 Nike I used to use and I believe it's a reworked 81 Nike. The specs are the same except for a slower meter on the TM and it fits right in your price range. 5 distance and 4 spin would suit your setup. (It galls me that they cost 100 credits more than the ball they replaced but that's just WGT taking advantage of new stuff and jacking the price up.)

I can't easily speak to the 81 TM yet as I'm still learning it but first impression was it's long off the tee but short on approach, especially into wind. Jury's still out.  ;-)

• xlviii
    502 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 10:18 AM

fatdan:

I believe Jimbog has the mapping for the lvl 81, and WB has the lvl 61 but not sure with which irons.

Good to see you back playing again!

Thanks, Dan. I didn't know if Jim was still around.

YankeeJim:

I use the 81 TM as a replacement for the 71 Nike I used to use and I believe it's a reworked 81 Nike. The specs are the same except for a slower meter on the TM and it fits right in your price range. 5 distance and 4 spin would suit your setup. (It galls me that they cost 100 credits more than the ball they replaced but that's just WGT taking advantage of new stuff and jacking the price up.)

I can't easily speak to the 81 TM yet as I'm still learning it but first impression was it's long off the tee but short on approach, especially into wind. Jury's still out.  ;-)

I don't remember many people using the L71, but it doesn't seem it would have been hard to carry over.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 10:28 AM

xlviii:
    I don't remember many people using the L71, but it doesn't seem it would have been hard to carry over.

It wouldn't have been but for some reason faster meters are out. That was the only difference, the 71 had a faster meter. Dang slower meter is killing me now, keep pulling everything. Gotta just suck it up and get used to it, I guess.  :-)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 10:46 AM

YankeeJim:

xlviii:

It wouldn't have been but for some reason faster meters are out. That was the only difference, the 71 had a faster meter. Dang slower meter is killing me now, keep pulling everything. Gotta just suck it up and get used to it, I guess.  :-)

Aim to the right more!  ;)

RSS