Forums

Help › Forums

Does mobile players have advantages over computer players?

Thu, May 10 2018 8:40 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoktorMox
    1,573 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 8:11 AM

Well,

I am a computer player and recently I had to know that mobile players receive increases in the specs from clubs and balls as they go equipping pieces of cloth.

I think that is ok with them, BUT I was thinking what happens when a mobile player play the same tournament I play?

I am asking because in a recent clash I knew that a friend of mine playing mobile could launch his driver something like 10 more yards than me (we play same equipment).

Then I am asking: let me say in a Ready-Go tournament, or in the Chambers Bay Open, does a mobile player have this huge advantage over me?

Cheers...

Mox

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 1:52 PM

Apparel bonuses do not work in tournaments. 

_CHAMPION 

• DoktorMox
    1,573 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 2:03 PM

I asked because in the last Clash, appareal bonuses worked fir a member from our club - he posted the screens, indead.

Mox 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 2:22 PM

DoktorMox:
    I am asking because in a recent clash I knew that a friend of mine playing mobile could launch his driver something like 10 more yards than me (we play same equipment).

How do you know this? 

In any case, it's my understanding that apparel bonuses do work in clash events. But clashes aren't tournaments, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Winning clash events, to a large extent, remains about volume of rounds rather than quality of rounds, even with the recent tweaks (IMO). 

• DoktorMox
    1,573 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 2:44 PM

Robert1893:

DoktorMox:

How do you know this? 

Because this friend posted two screenshots in our Club forum at SA's #1: the 1st was on the tee and the distance showed for his Driver was bigger than 289 yds; and, the second showed him on the green with the 1st shot (btw, he is a mobile player).

Mox

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 4:15 PM

DoktorMox:
    Because this friend posted two screenshots in our Club forum at SA's #1: the 1st was on the tee and the distance showed for his Driver was bigger than 289 yds; and, the second showed him on the green with the 1st shot (btw, he is a mobile player).

OK. Gotcha. 

If that was from the back tees, that has to take a bit of luck to get it on the green of St. Andrews #1. 

• DoktorMox
    1,573 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 5:49 PM

There is a link to those images.

• kingiling
    512 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 6:45 PM

I have had apparel bonuses show up in clash events before, but it wasn't consistent in the clash events.  They do NOT show up in any tournaments, whether they be WGT or CC. -King

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 9:03 AM

DoktorMox:
    There is a link to those images.

I wasn't doubting you. I believed you. I was just wondering how you knew, which you had answered. 

• DoktorMox
    1,573 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 9:15 AM

Robert, I sent the link because it was almost unbelievable that shot - even with a 307 yds Driver.

• PAGES
RSS