Help › Forums

Clash scores not adding up?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 15 2018 5:58 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 11:38 AM

My club is playing Golfos Unidos Cub in a clash, 2 of their players have scored 336 and 272, well above anything either of them has done before on a course with hellish winds. When I look at their profile no eagles or hole-in-ones. One had played St. Andrews twice that day scoring 33 and 36, the other hadn't played Andy that day at all. Am I missing something as we are bound to lose this clash.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 8:58 AM

Mandlebrot:

My club is playing Golfos Unidos Cub in a clash, 2 of their players have scored 336 and 272, well above anything either of them has done before on a course with hellish winds. When I look at their profile no eagles or hole-in-ones. One had played St. Andrews twice that day scoring 33 and 36, the other hadn't played Andy that day at all. Am I missing something as we are bound to lose this clash.

Yes you are missing something. I’m not sure what the criteria is but if you click on top ten scores in the present clash it shows the players base score and a multiplayer. The top scorer will usually have a multiplayer of as high as X8  so the scores can really add up

• Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 9:50 AM

I've seen multipliers from x2 - x6, the 336 score was multiplied by 6 to 2016 and the 272 was multiplied by 5 to get 1306. A score of 9 birdies yields 216 points, no eagles or hole-in-ones attributed to either player for that course, in fact one of them did not play the course in question that day

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 9:52 AM

BtoB means "multiplier" and he's right.  That's what you're missing.

• Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 3:23 AM

Players spending money on clashes need to know if they're above board. There is no record of the players in question scoring the points that have been attributed to them and their club. I play 30-40 games every fortnight in the clashes and watch them very closely. I know what I'm talking about.

• Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 5:49 PM

Your post on my wall does not explain how a player who hasn't scored better than 33 on Andy f9 in recent history can score 272 x 5=1360 (216 is 9 birdies) and not have any Eagles or above showing on their profile? As far as the player who scored 336 x 6=2016 goes, their profile doesn't show them playing in that clash or scoring Eagle or better on that course.

The Wall

07 May 2018 @ 4:57 PM
    "Missing about scores in Clashes"
    What you're "missing" is what the other poster said: i.e., the scores you are seeing for the players you mention are not based just on birdies and eagles. Super passes double the points, and if the "doubled" score is one of the top 10 in the Clash, then the score is multiplied again. For instance, if a person uses a blue Super Pass, scores 3 birdies and 6 pars, that would be 24 for each birdie (72) and 10 for each par (60). Add those together, you get 132 --- but if it's the top score in the clash it will be x 6 for total points of 792. If it's the fourth place score, it will get 4 x 132. . ..528. Etc. down to x 2 for 10th place score, so 264 in this case. Does that help?
  • RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 4:25 PM

I thought the same thing when we played them in a clash in March. One scored 292 BEFORE any multipliers, and the other 300 before any multipliers. Even with a superpass this would be next to impossible for one player, much less two. Definitely something rotten going on. 

• Mandlebrot
    521 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 1:55 PM

This e-mail explains everything. members@worldgolftour.com

9 May at 4:54 PM
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##

To Mandlebrot

A response to your question was given by one of our WGT Agents. If you need additional information or help, please respond to this email. Thank you for playing WGT.

WGT Member Services

brand2

Support (WGT)

May 9, 8:54 AM PDT

Dear Scott,

Thank you for bringing this player to our attention. We will take appropriate action against the player in the result of our investigation. Please know that we may not disclose any information regarding the progress of this case due to privacy concerns.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know and we will be glad to help.

All the best,

WGT Members Services

Mandlebrot

May 9, 2:18 AM PDT

I've reported this in bug log. I player scored 336 before multiplier was applied in a clash another scored 272, neither player has those scores reflected in score history or showed Eagle or above on Activity list. How is this possible? I would say even fmagnets would have problems scoring -13 or -14 in the conditions at the time (apart from the fact that it's not shown on their profile).

This email is a service from WGT

• tmfku
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 1:40 PM
    My CC just played them right now, and one player had a score of 394, before multipliers. 7 eagles and 2 birdies with a superpass would give a score of 398, so I would venture to guess the issue has not been resolved.
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 4:14 PM

• PAGES
RSS