• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 6:21 PM

cbbcrazy:

3 iron - 217 no spin dinged  - 210 full back dinged

4 iron - 200 no spin dinged -  193 full back dinged

5 iron - 185 no spin dinged -  180 full back dinged

thanks

Yeah if that's what you're getting those make no sense.  Should be more like...

3 - 220 FB

4 - 201 FB

5 - 185 FB

Did you try clearing your browser and flash cache?

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 6:36 PM

kavvz:

cbbcrazy:

3 iron - 217 no spin dinged  - 210 full back dinged

4 iron - 200 no spin dinged -  193 full back dinged

5 iron - 185 no spin dinged -  180 full back dinged

thanks

Yeah if that's what you're getting those make no sense.  Should be more like...

3 - 220 FB

4 - 201 FB

5 - 185 FB

Did you try clearing your browser and flash cache?

I have done everything I know how to do including turning the thing off for a while and back on.  I even took the irons out of the bag and put in another set, played a few holes and put them back in and the same thing is still happening.  No clue what to do next but this is borderline crazy.

When I go to the 6 iron everything is back to normal,  5-4-3 are way out of whack.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 5:35 AM

cbbcrazy:
    When I go to the 6 iron everything is back to normal,  5-4-3 are way out of whack.

Like I said, I think this is the new reality. Those 3 irons have always been handled differently than the others. When the R11s first came out and were the top clubs, what made them good was how those irons played-they were exceptional.

Then the Vapors came along and while they were the same yardages as the R11s, what really made them superior was the change made to the 6-PW--those irons now matched the performance of the long irons and were what separated the Vapors from the R11s.

I used the 71 Nike with the Vapors primarily because, as a feel golfer, I was able to depend on the carry numbers and that combo made it easy because the carry was very close to the rated yardage of the clubs. Now, as you are discovering, that has changed. Your numbers are what I get, too, and this is distressing.

I personally believe the addition of the TM and Titleist balls allowed WGT to stick to their insistence that equipment specs don't change BUT, with a new ball, that gave them a chance to dial back the iron performance with the lesser balls.

I'm not about to go find out but I would be willing to bet that performance we've become accustomed to would still be there if we used a much more expensive ball, like the Titleist or the high level TMs.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 5:58 AM

YankeeJim:

cbbcrazy:

Like I said, I think this is the new reality. Those 3 irons have always been handled differently than the others. When the R11s first came out and were the top clubs, what made them good was how those irons played-they were exceptional.

Then the Vapors came along and while they were the same yardages as the R11s, what really made them superior was the change made to the 6-PW--those irons now matched the performance of the long irons and were what separated the Vapors from the R11s.

I used the 71 Nike with the Vapors primarily because, as a feel golfer, I was able to depend on the carry numbers and that combo made it easy because the carry was very close to the rated yardage of the clubs. Now, as you are discovering, that has changed. Your numbers are what I get, too, and this is distressing.

I personally believe the addition of the TM and Titleist balls allowed WGT to stick to their insistence that equipment specs don't change BUT, with a new ball, that gave them a chance to dial back the iron performance with the lesser balls.

I'm not about to go find out but I would be willing to bet that performance we've become accustomed to would still be there if we used a much more expensive ball, like the Titleist or the high level TMs.

I would agree with everything you say but,  this happened 2-3 days ago even after I had played with the upper level TM's for days.  I still don't have a thing from TopGolf as they have forgotten to check the email I guess.  Not that I think they will do anything but I just want them to know I mapped my clubs with these balls as soon as I bought them.  Then 2-3 days later the top 3 irons all changed.  Why didn't they read like this when I first mapped them ?  Without the mapping I would have blamed it on the new ball,  but when you map them and they change dramatically after a couple days something happened.

If they want it to be like this,  let them give me the explanation is all I am asking.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 6:06 AM

YankeeJim:

Perhaps to encourage and increase sales of a new high level set of irons (Titleist?) in our future?

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 6:07 AM

cbbcrazy:
    If they want it to be like this,  let them give me the explanation is all I am asking.

See above? ^^^^^^^

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 6:22 AM

twinponds169:
    Perhaps to encourage and increase sales of a new high level set of irons (Titleist?) in our future?

Interesting thought but I think the TM irons would be the ones. Tiger Woods is playing in the Wells Fargo this week with brand new TM irons and with the TM footprint on this game, my guess is they're going to be the ones if anything comes out. 

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 6:37 AM

YankeeJim:

twinponds169:

Interesting thought but I think the TM irons would be the ones. Tiger Woods is playing in the Wells Fargo this week with brand new TM irons and with the TM footprint on this game, my guess is they're going to be the ones if anything comes out. 

I have no idea what happened,  everything is back to the way it was prior to this nightmare.  Got a message from WGT that they were looking into it.  Its fixed is all I know and thanks to the person or whatever that did it.  I wish this on no one,  its expensive enough to buy balls, when it all changes and you go through them to map clubs three times now,  it kind of sucks.

Thanks all for you input on things to try.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 6:42 AM

cbbcrazy:
    I have no idea what happened,  everything is back to the way it was prior to this nightmare.

Does this mean your carry numbers for the 3 4 and 5 irons changed?  (Going right out to see if mine did.)

*edit-Nope, nothing changed.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 7:40 AM

YankeeJim:

And this is BS on TG part. I wonder how Titleist feels about this. TG changing our iron performance so we are forced to purchase their gb's in order to get our club performance back to what we are use too. My goodness. Freaking wrong on every level.

TG / WGT have adjusted the specs on these irons we all purchased years ago. There is no doubt.

RSS