Forums

Help › Forums

Looking for a Director

Sun, May 20 2018 2:54 PM (8 replies)
  • firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2018 7:11 PM

Hi folks, I am the owner of Morningside Hills CC and we are approaching our 6 year anniversary as a CC on WGT. He have prided our club as a premiere 50 member club, but due to some family emergencies and ownership transfers we have slipped a little. We are now club with 35 members and we have about 22 or so members that are active with in our club activities.

I believe before I can build a good membership I have to build good leadership within the club. That is why I am looking for someone that is interested in taking on some responsibilities of the club. Our current membership is happy being members and don't want to take on any responsibilities of the club. I don't believe in forcing something on somebody because it could force them out.

I am looking for someone who has the want to, the energy, and the time to help recruit, and lead club activities. I do not have any specific task that I expect a director to do, instead I believe that a director has to have their own vision and ideas. I feel by allowing a person to work the way they want will give a club a better leader.

So if this is something that might spark your interest then I ask you to send me a friend request so we can talk more about it. I want to make sure you understand what we are about before you jump in. Our club is not for everyone and it might not be for you.

Thanks

Fire! 

• whank
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 4:42 PM
    If you want to move forward and no TEAM spirit with members laggn so be it BY to all whank
  • firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 11:22 AM
    whank:
    If you want to move forward and no TEAM spirit with members laggn so be it BY to all whank
    Not really sure what you are getting at but I do appreciate the bump to the thread!
  • iambak00
    851 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 1:20 PM

well said fire,,,,I think you do a great job, marcus too.....when we started this cc we were a bunch of guys that shot together all the time and needed a cc. we have a 10 week season with playoff that crown a champion....majors,,,side tournys ...just to mention a few....over the past few seasons we lost some members for various reasons,  some members we really lost and think of them often.   if nothing else someone would be nice to take some weight off our leaders now.....come join us and have fun.......jimmy

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 1:27 PM
    Always been a great club, good luck.
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 8:16 PM

bubbsboy:
    Always been a great club, good luck.

Yes, definitely a club worthy of respect.

I hope you get some great candidates to choose from.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2018 9:15 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys! It is nice seeing other Country Clubs showing support to our little Club! Things sure have changed over the years! I wish y'all the best as well!

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 11:33 AM

I wanted to bump this thread! I have had a couple of lookers but none of them were a fit so far. If you are interested you can send me a request! 

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 2:54 PM

Shuggar Tree = Southern Comfort Tee Times. 

Seriously, eye am not a big hitter, nor a seasoned fellow here, or anywhere.

I really hope you find what you seek.  The format here is much different than any of my online forums

Knock

RSS