Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with Dazza501 IRL-Summer 2018

Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:58 AM (41 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 4:52 AM
    Anyone from anywhere is welcome. Might have to extend it to the rest of the world as there doesn't seem to be much interest from this side of the pond. So far there's just me and Mio Kontic. A Ryder cup sounds good though. I look forward to your message MC
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 5:15 AM

I might cross the Channel for some banter ;)

• DJW2307
    13,387 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 4:23 AM

Hi Darren - I'm based just south of Manchester heading into the Peak District, so not too far to get to the Midlands and given enough time to plan, would love to get a game in if possible mate.

For a number of years, we arranged a golf trip with one of our customers in the South of England and played at the Abbey Golf Hotel near Redditch, which was a half way house for us based in the North and them in the South. Great venue and good test and decent hotel attached to the course as well. Always getting deals for this place through via email so not as expensive as it might look.

Cheers

David

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 10:31 AM

im in sheffield

not play golf irl for ages but i may play depending on distance to travel

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 11:28 AM

DJW2307:
    I'm based just south of Manchester heading into the Peak District, so not too far to get to the Midlands and given enough time to plan, would love to get a game in if possible mate.

If he's going, I'm not!   pmsl

Yo David, long time no play.  I may not be able to beat you @ golf, but come time for drinking games.......And if'n you can get that mad Irishman to pop over, oh lordy, I can feel a hangover coming on from here    lols

DT-III

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 2:33 PM

hoping your fit and well thomas,sorry i mean DT-III lol

cheers       mark.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 2:56 PM

Unfortunately been struggling a bit of late, but still 6' (more or less) right side of the soil, so no complaints.

Forgot you're UK based as well Mark, be great if'n you could join in

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 5:24 PM

Hi , my name is OPY .  

I have a Putter ( real life type ) That I am willing to gift away , It is a Vintage type turtle / mallet with the flat grip thumb side up in its leather wrap when made . 

This putter is 1 of 3 that I have used when we did play ,  ( 50 some years )  The fist was gifted not to long ago .

I offer this Putter / Prize to be sent to Dazz ( if I can have address ) ( PM ) . so that he can hand it one of the players that show up .

OPY .

Side note , this putter fits the other side of the pond ,  

Take note WGT 

• DJW2307
    13,387 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 11:57 PM

newcastleb:

DJW2307:
    I'm based just south of Manchester heading into the Peak District, so not too far to get to the Midlands and given enough time to plan, would love to get a game in if possible mate.

Yo David, long time no play.  I may not be able to beat you @ golf, but come time for drinking games.......And if'n you can get that mad Irishman to pop over, oh lordy, I can feel a hangover coming on from here    lols

DT-III

Indeed sir and sorry to hear things aren't too good at the moment, but here's hoping this can be arranged and would be great to meet up whether on the fairways or at the 19th. As for that Irish nutter....no chance !!! lol

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, May 27 2018 11:21 PM

DAZZA501:
    Might have to extend it to the rest of the world as there doesn't seem to be much interest from this side of the pond. So far there's just me and Mio Kontic.

I find this mind-boggling...are there really only two WGT'ers from England that play golf in real life and want to get together for a game/meet and greet? Wow.

I honestly thought there would have been at least 5-10 players already signed up for this and was really looking forward to see how it unfolded, but maybe there aren't as many real life golfers playing WGT as I thought there were.

Oh well, even if it's just Daz and Mio playing...I'm still looking forward to the write-up and pics.

MC

RSS