Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with Dazza501 IRL-Summer 2018

Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:58 AM (41 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 4:08 AM

After the success of Mrcaddie's golf trip in the USA for wgt golfers i thought i'd try to set up something up in the UK.

Let me know if there are any of you who like the sound of this and where you live just so we can sort out a course that's not too far for people to travel. I'm thinking somewhere in the midlands if we get players from all over the UK. Also let me know when is ideal for you to play. Maybe the August bank holiday would be a good time.

Any course suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe you're a member of a course that's ideal for people to get to and they would be glad to have us.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:03 PM

Darren...might be a good idea to let everyone know you're a golf instructor and a "ringer"...the free tips you'll give out will be "priceless". LMAO

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:35 PM

DAZZA501:
    Let me know if there are any of you who like the sound

While I haven't physically been able to play for years I would deffo be up joining @ the 19th for some grub & liquid refreshment to meet others, health & work permitting.

I live on the North Norfolk coast which, while it has some beautiful courses, ain't near nowhere :-)

Thomas

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:52 PM

newcastleb:
    While I haven't physically been able to play for years I would deffo be up joining @ the 19th for some grub & liquid refreshment to meet others, health & work permitting.

Do it if you can, Thomas, it's really something sitting with guys you've known for years and never met. I hope you guys can pull this off because it's a hoot.  :-)

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 1:45 PM
    pmm711:
    Darren...might be a good idea to let everyone know you're a golf instructor and a "ringer"...the free tips you'll give out will be "priceless". LMAO
    Sure, i can teach everyone a couple of shots i've been working on. There's the chunk with topspin and the thin with backspin. I'm sure you'll all get to see my knifed 4 iron that will carry about 50yds and then roll another 150yds nicely up on to the green. As they say, it's not how, it's how many :-)
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 4:55 PM

DAZZA501:

After the success of Mrcaddie's golf trip in the USA for wgt golfers i thought i'd try to set up something up in the UK.

Let me know if there are any of you who like the sound of this and where you live just so we can sort out a course that's not too far for people to travel. I'm thinking somewhere in the midlands if we get players from all over the UK. Also let me know when is ideal for you to play. Maybe the August bank holiday would be a good time.

Any course suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe you're a member of a course that's ideal for people to get to and they would be glad to have us.

Way to go Dazza !...A great tradition started...Golf On !

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2018 3:09 AM

Seems like a great idea. I organised something similar for Dublin based members of my (small) club, only two managed to make it, but if it's done right, no reason why many more can't do similar and get the numbers out.

We're spoiled for choices here in Dublin with a lot of great courses and reasonable green fees.

Food for thought.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 6:53 AM

conveyorguy:
    Way to go Dazza !...A great tradition started...Golf On !

Kind of a wild shot but suppose the outings on each side of the pond took place around the same time and turned into a Ryder Cup type event, only with real scorecards? Now THAT would be a hoot.  :-)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 6:50 PM

What a great idea Dazza...I would love to see a UK version of our golf outing. It would be so much fun to kick back and check the forums to see some pictures and read about your adventure, I really hope you can put this together.

I have to admit that when I saw this post in my thread-

I thought...is it for Brits only? What if someone (that wasn't a Brit) wanted to take a vacation and meet up with you guys...are we not invited? (I'm just kidding, I know you would welcome anyone who makes the trip.) But it got me thinking...and then I saw this in your thread-

YankeeJim:
    Kind of a wild shot but suppose the outings on each side of the pond took place around the same time and turned into a Ryder Cup type event, only with real scorecards? Now THAT would be a hoot.  :-)

I love Jim's idea, it's brilliant! But what if we took it a step further (go big or go home, right?)? What if we put together an event for 12-16 months from now (maybe August 2019) and had an IRL WGT Ryder Cup?

The time frame is far enough away to give us, and anyone that wants to join us, time to set this up. Heck, I'd love to come over to the UK and play some golf with you guys!

Anyway, this isn't the place for this...this is your thread, sorry . I'll send you a PM and we can talk and then set up another thread if we decide to move forward.

Good luck with your meet up and look forward to see what unfolds.

MC

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 8:25 PM

I'll tell ya Wayne...you're responsible for a lotta god sht...And Awayyyy We go !

Kick it Dazza !

RSS