Forums

Help › Forums

Titleist Balls vs Taylormade

Fri, May 18 2018 5:53 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 10:42 AM

Well at least the ball goes a little further for significantly more money. Any feedback on the Taylor made balls appreciated

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 11:23 PM

dancingdennis:

... Any feedback on the Taylor made balls appreciated

TaylorMade L61 play the same as the Nike L61 with the same specs and price.

• RickRR
    119 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2018 1:02 PM

I started using the TaylorMade 81 ball and find that it is very similar to the Nike 81. There is one exception and that is when I use a Punch Shot there doesn't seem to be as much bite with the TaylorMade as there was with the Nike. I now have to use a roll factor with each shot percentage for punch. Example: Nike ball that I used at 50% would go 17 yards and stop dead. Now with the TaylorMade 81 a 50% hot will go 14 plus a 3-4 yard roll. And there are differences with the Pitch shot as well. Just have to practice more.

• BillEpp
    10 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 4:56 PM

WGT is pricing their way to losing players. $9.00 to $10.50 a sleeve. Hell for that price I'll go buy some x-outs and play live golf. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 11:38 AM

RickRR:
    Example: Nike ball that I used at 50% would go 17 yards and stop dead. Now with the TaylorMade 81 a 50% hot will go 14 plus a 3-4 yard roll. And there are differences with the Pitch shot as well

Without question and I have an idea why. The Nikes used to be the best, now Titleist is. WGT could hardly have the TMs perform like the old Nikes because that would mean they'd have to make the Titleist ridiculous to outperform the TMs. What I think they did was make the Titleists like the Nikes and used the opportunity to tune down the Nike specs to make them TMs. Specs say one thing, actual performance says another.

I'm finding the TMs are long off the tee but the approaches play like the ball is made of cotton. You lose a lot of distance on approaches into the wind using back spin, way more than you did with the Nikes. The carry numbers are down with the 3, 4 and 5 irons, too, not to mention what you pointed out about the punches and pitches. 

The 64W pitch was a solid shot before-you could stop it. Now it'll stop after rolling 2-3 yards. Same with the punch-it used to stop and hop and now it stops and rolls. Everything points to having to adjust to this new tendency or switch to the Titleists and with the price tag on those, adjusting seems to be the order of the day.

Less performance by the TMs compared to the Nikes and 100 credits more, minimum. Such a deal.  :-(

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:09 PM

what about the L96 750 credit taylormades?

do those perform worse than the Nikes as well?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:09 PM

BillEpp:

WGT is pricing their way to losing players. $9.00 to $10.50 a sleeve. Hell for that price I'll go buy some x-outs and play live golf. 

I hear ya. It’s a shame they don’t offer cheaper balls, forcing players to purchase the Titleist. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:29 PM

derekortt:

I can only speak for the 81 TMs and lower. I did try the cheapest Titleist, though and there's no way it's worth 225 credits more than the Nike I used to use.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:36 PM

derekortt:

Currently my ball of choice (Perform V similar to the L 70 Titleist but are 125 C's cheaper)

They have the same specs as the old L 94 Nike Platinums & perform the same from wedges up to 5i.

The 4 & 3i's perform the same with FBS but once you get close to half backspin there Is a huge drop odd In comparison to the "same" Nike's

Ken

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 12:37 PM

Robert1893:

BillEpp:

I hear ya. It’s a shame they don’t offer cheaper balls, forcing players to purchase the Titleist. 

😂😂😂

• PAGES
RSS