Forums

Help › Forums

Ownership

Sun, Aug 23 2020 7:03 PM (28 replies)
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 10:51 PM

Luckystar5:

If a club owner is in failing health, but doesn't want to give up ownership, is there a way to set up a transfer ahead of time, but not happen , unless something were to happen to the original owner?  Say in case of someone not being able to transfer the ownership, like unforseen death, of an owner? Maybe a stroke, or some other way of incapacitation? 

"Virtual Wills"    available in the Pro Shop for only 550 Cred's.......

• Ladychipper
    22,608 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2018 7:26 AM

pmm711:

The best way to prevent these situations from occurring is for the owner to have Directors they can trust with their userid and pw.  That way should something occur then the directors can pass on ownership.  That’s the only way to do these ownership changes when a tragedy occurs.

WGT really should allow a co-Owner so CCs never get forced to cease as an entity.  A co-Owner would have to have all the power of an Owner.

Supposedly WGT mods can’t change an owner of a CC should something occur and the present owner goes incognito/out of touch.  In some cases that’s going to be a tough end to some great CCs...WGT Amigos is feeling this pain now since shovlivin has passed on to the Lord.  They’re going to have to create a new CC and have everyone move over.  What a mess.

Bottom line:  Plan ahead.

Good advice Paul!!

• dadddioooo
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 1:21 PM

Why cant WGT just set up owner controls for him to allow officers (directors) to be able to perform these tasks. It would resolve the issue of having to start another club. I also like the co-owner idea, that way one person doesn’t have all of the control. It happened in our last club, and when he was asked to step down, he refused, so all of the officers started a new club, and took the majority of the m miners with them. It can all be avoided if there were co-owners (a maximum of 5), because then one person that tuns out to be a control freak can’t wreck a club. We are trying to find a solution to this issue in our club, because we don’t want the past repeating itself. Could one of the mods respond, and explain why one of these options aren’t available? Thanks in advance

• HalHoff
    781 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 5:46 PM

All our directors are Co Owners in our club.  Once they take the official ownership position, they go to tools and transfer ownership to the next in line. Ownership doesn’t officially change until the director receiving the email opens and accepts (that way a back up owner is always in place). IF something were to happen to the owner, the transfer just needs to be accepted. 

Make sure your backup owner checks  the spam email as it may be sent there. 

It does help when all involved (owners and directors) are like minded in decision making. Makes no difference to us who wears the owners jacket.

For other clubs, there must be a director you trust. Transfer Ownership and tell that person not to hit the accept button until you want them to. You can always rescind that transfer before they accept if you change your mind and initiate transfer to someone else.

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 6:12 PM

I am not certain that the emailed link for accepting ownership is “active” perpetually.  It might expire.  Maybe a mod could help us know how long acceptance links are valid. . . 

• HalHoff
    781 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 7:30 PM

It has worked at 4 month intervals for us the last  20 months or so. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 8:26 PM

HalHoff:

It has worked at 4 month intervals for us the last  20 months or so. 

That’s good to know, thanks.  There was a thread some time ago where it was averred that the link was active only a week.  I’m glad that is not the case.

• Bradass0
    1,094 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2019 8:46 PM

I lost The Sons of Liberty CC due to a "link." went to L14 in one year.

Rules? This is not what happened to me. This below per WGT.

If I'm a Club owner, what functions can I perform?

As a Club owner, you have the ability to invite members to the club, approve all membership requests, remove players from the club, transfer the club ownership to another club member, and close the club entirely.

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 8:01 PM

Bradass0:

I lost The Sons of Liberty CC due to a "link." 

I don’t understand.  You must have authorized the link to be sent.  Why do you use the term “lost?”  Was the new owner not supposed to exercise the link, thus the “trust” factor mentioned above was violated?  If so, my condolences.  

Also, if you or any of the other Outlaws want a friendly, active, trustworthy place to be, just drop me a line.

AKD 

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Tue, Jul 16 2019 8:01 PM

wgt duplicate.

AKD 

RSS