Forums

Help › Forums

Ownership

Sun, Aug 23 2020 7:03 PM (28 replies)
  • charrison2675
    19 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:14 AM

How do I add another player to the owners position of my club.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 10:56 PM

In the owner's tools on the homepage, the current owner can initiate a transfer of ownership. If the current owner is unavailable, you're stuck for good :(

The selected owner-to-be will receive a mail by WGT with a confirmation link, so make sure in advance that this path is working.

Deep in the forums, the link has been shown - it may work from outside that mail, too.
    But, no guarantees!

• charrison2675
    19 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 4:48 AM

Can I have two or three owners at a time. It says I can have three. Maybe they are talking about officers of the CC.

• Ladychipper
    22,608 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 1:12 PM

You can only have one owner but you can assign directors and assign things they can do.

• Ladychipper
    22,608 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 1:14 PM

This thread might help:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/334755.aspx

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 5:25 PM

Make sure the person receiving the transfer has receive emails from owner checked in his/her account settings. If not they wont get it

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 5:29 PM
    DonCaron:

Make sure the person receiving the transfer has receive emails from owner checked in his/her account settings. If not they wont get it

Yes, the proposed new owner must click on a link that comes to them in an email. Or the transfer won't happen.
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 6:36 PM

If a club owner is in failing health, but doesn't want to give up ownership, is there a way to set up a transfer ahead of time, but not happen , unless something were to happen to the original owner?  Say in case of someone not being able to transfer the ownership, like unforseen death, of an owner? Maybe a stroke, or some other way of incapacitation? 

• AlaskanDame
    18,843 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 7:53 PM
    Luckystar5:

If a club owner is in failing health, but doesn't want to give up ownership, is there a way to set up a transfer ahead of time, but not happen , unless something were to happen to the original owner?  Say in case of someone not being able to transfer the ownership, like unforseen death, of an owner? Maybe a stroke, or some other way of incapacitation? 

None that I know of. The owner, under those facts, should pass on the ownership to another member and then the new owner could designate the former owner as a Director.
  • pmm711
    5,494 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 9:44 PM

The best way to prevent these situations from occurring is for the owner to have Directors they can trust with their userid and pw.  That way should something occur then the directors can pass on ownership.  That’s the only way to do these ownership changes when a tragedy occurs.

WGT really should allow a co-Owner so CCs never get forced to cease as an entity.  A co-Owner would have to have all the power of an Owner.

Supposedly WGT mods can’t change an owner of a CC should something occur and the present owner goes incognito/out of touch.  In some cases that’s going to be a tough end to some great CCs...WGT Amigos is feeling this pain now since shovlivin has passed on to the Lord.  They’re going to have to create a new CC and have everyone move over.  What a mess.

Bottom line:  Plan ahead.

RSS