Forums

Help › Forums

Your Opinion on the new Balls

Tue, May 15 2018 1:11 PM (24 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:02 AM

Just a place to bring info on the new balls in the pro shop. What is your opinion?

• RODDMANN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:07 AM

No opinion.. can afford to buy them at 8- 10$ a sleeve. but I'm sure all the players that have thousands of credits , will like them.

Rod

• peoch
    1,127 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:21 AM

The pro V1 is good but pricy, T/M lvl 81 same spec as The Nike lvl 81 for 550 c is a good one 2. My 2 c.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 7:34 AM

Seems like WGT has made a ball for just about everyone. There are Taylormade balls that are the same specs and same price as the nikes. The Titeleist  are higher because they are the number one ball in golf and I'm sure WGT has to pay a higher loyalty fee for the name. Yes they are high but if they will save a stroke for the rg players, we will buy them.

• 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:21 AM

Yup - Taylormades are exact duplicates in price and specs.

People are pretty hung up on the Titleist brand and offerings, but we haven't lost anything technically. If you want marginally better performance and the brand name, then spend the extra credits for the Titleist balls. If you've been playing the Nikes, you've lost nothing in regard to availability except for the swoosh logo.

I like the offerings myself. I'm trying some of the Titleists, but I'll probably stick with my tried and true Level 81 (Nike) ball with the Taylormade branding.

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 11:26 AM

Level 95 TM TP5 also seems to be a pretty good premium ball for 650 credits.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:27 PM

lonnieskinner:
    Yes they are high but if they will save a stroke for the rg players, we will buy them.
    I doubt that very seriously . The top players will go to the TaylorMade balls first , and try to match them up with their remaining nike balls . Once done they will continue to play as usual .

Even though Titeleist is a top name brand I dont see a great transitioning move over the addition to the game . I dont think that they will help the top players to play any better than they do . Since all balls putt the same the ball name is not important , since putting is what wins tournaments and nothing else .

I think the pricing is going to be the shot in the foot . Players have already started complaining without hitting not one ball . Even though I have a good stash of credits I wont be buying any . I play the L35+ Callys at 300 credits and thats enough for me . I know how long it takes me to earn those 300 credits and the offers arent as easy any more .

But only time will tell the true story . Now its lets sit back and wait and see . But I have a real funny feeling that the price will be coming down with these balls .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:30 PM

lonnieskinner:
    There are Taylormade balls that are the same specs and same price as the nikes.

Not so. It costs another 100 credits to replace the 71 Nikes.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:36 PM

The lvl 48, 60, 61. 70.81s are same cos and attributes. Yes we will buy the titelist if they will save a stroke.If we ding more we will score better. I did not say all Jim.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:39 PM

Sorry Lonnie but you're wrong. The 71 Nikes cost 450 credits and the exact replacement-which really isn't even exact because of a slower meter-is 550 credits.

RSS