Forums

Help › Forums

New Balls are here!

Wed, Apr 25 2018 4:33 PM (6 replies)
  • Beauwulf
    389 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:36 AM

Well, they came out with the new series of balls for Titleist and TM. Prices are substantially higher as I suspected they would be. After looking over what's available, I don't see this as helping with player retention in the least bit. I personally believe this will hurt the game. It will definitely curtail my play. 

• 308Shooter
    27 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:16 AM

The Taylormade ball lineup is an exact replacement in regard to specs and prices.

Everyone is so blinded by the TITLEIST brand that this is being overlooked for the most part.

I'm happy with the changes/offerings. 

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 12:30 PM

Look at the Taylor Mades, There might be 1 you can use. Ive been using the L7 for some time now and for 300 credits per sleeve it does quite well.

Siders Best

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 2:10 PM

Beauwulf:
    Well, they came out with the new series of balls for Titleist and TM. Prices are substantially higher as I suspected they would be.

Yes, they are offering some balls at higher prices. But no, the prices are not actually substantially higher. There are plenty of choices that have the same or nearly the same characteristics of the Nikes at the same price. 

Beauwulf:
    After looking over what's available, I don't see this as helping with player retention in the least bit. I personally believe this will hurt the game. It will definitely curtail my play. 

Why?

For the most part, with a notable exception of the Nike Level 71 ball, players can pretty much get the same ball they used to be able to play for the same price. How does the fact that they added some more premium balls affect the everyday player in any real, practical way? 

• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 3:31 PM

For the guys with deep pockets, the Titleist balls will likely receive a warm welcome. I am impressed with the stats but not the price. I'm gonna stop chasing rainbows and settle for a ball that best meets my budget and skill level; the Callaway L34+. Think about it, if I go the the pro shop at the swankiest course in town and buy top of the line clubs and balls, I'll still be a Hack.

FORE!

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 4:27 PM

I don't see what the problem is here. If some players can afford those balls, whats the big deal?

WGT is trying to give the Nike users replacements. I think they did a pretty good job. And thats not something I say very often.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 4:33 PM

RSS