• PAGES
  • club578
    559 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 11:27 AM

wgt has putting green but they should have chip pitch and flop practice

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 11:56 AM

The next best thing.....BPB#4. Set up a practice round so you get mulligans and then head out to that green. Best position is over the green in the fairway, not to the side. It's a perfect place to learn how to control all 3 of those shots.  :-)

• PsychoticKev
    11 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2018 6:51 PM

I agree Club, Since my buddy told me about the flop, I have been practicing it during a game, on the fly if you will.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2018 7:26 AM

Perfect place for practice Jim. +1

• Alan11855
    16 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2018 11:48 AM

I agree, just set yur game to practice and re-hit your shot as often as needed (take a mulligan). I love the flop shot, just remember to aim left of your target.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 10:12 AM

Alan11855:
    I love the flop shot, just remember to aim left of your target.

Or don't touch the aim and use the first line to the left of the ding as your ding line. That has worked forever and is really accurate.  :-)

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 11:49 AM

YankeeJim:

Alan11855:
    I love the flop shot, just remember to aim left of your target.

Or don't touch the aim and use the first line to the left of the ding as your ding line. That has worked forever and is really accurate.  :-)

Here's the line YankeeJim is referring to...I refer to it as "The Flop Line".  I'll add that I do adjust the aim slightly based on the wind conditions.  The flop works well for me for shots 29 yards and in.  Based on my Cleveland wedges I add 2 yards to my flop shot using full backspin...so if the shot distance is 18 yards I adjust a little for the wind, set full backspin, and then hit a full 20 yard flop shot and click at the "flop line" NOT the "ding line".  2 yards extra typically works, but based on experience, some holes require up to 4 yards.  You'll learn those instances as you practice.  Enjoy it as it's a great shot to learn and use in many situations.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2018 12:49 PM

pmm711:
    I'll add that I do adjust the aim slightly based on the wind conditions. 

In a r to l crosswind, dinging the shot is also very effective, leaving the default aim alone.  You see that shot a lot on SA.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 10:12 PM

YankeeJim:

The next best thing.....BPB#4. Set up a practice round so you get mulligans and then head out to that green. Best position is over the green in the fairway, not to the side. It's a perfect place to learn how to control all 3 of those shots.  :-)

Thanks.  I was wondering where to practice & map those swings!

Wouldn't it be cool if WGT would let us pick a course & hole for a practice, just like they have the "putting green".

OK - enough of wishful thinking/dreaming and back to work!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2018 6:30 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Wouldn't it be cool if WGT would let us pick a course & hole for a practice, just like they have the "putting green".

You can. Under the WGT Community tab at the top of this page, select Golf Courses and you can go anywhere you want to any hole you want.  :-)

• PAGES
RSS