Thu, May 20 2021 1:08 PM (20 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 4:32 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 4:56 PM

Dubera:
    There are cheats that pc players use that make mobile users irrelevant! Check YouTube, you’ll see. 20, 21 under on 14 greens with high winds, champions tees, hard pin placements!!

Spin your guy around and make him dizzy on pc and you’ll never miss a putt!

It’s Ok though, I’ve learned that very few people have the integrity that I have, including WGT. I just deal with it

Got any more fairy tales?  Post them in "And Everything Else".

There are some very good players that post youtube videos.  Challenge them to a match and find out yourself.

Thanks for generalizing, though - it makes you sound .... well ... deal with it.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 4:59 PM

TopShelf2010:

Players that "cheat" themselves by constantly padding their stats and average via RED TEE  "average buster" tournaments will never have a shot.

Don

Don - you mean you were not able to play in the "St Andrews Average Buster", either?

Shucks - we could have low averages if we did............

LOL

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 8:59 PM

Dubera:
    I’ve learned that very few people have the integrity that I have

LMAO, nearly wet my apparel pants!

• Dubera
    9 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 4:18 AM

Funny boys! Nothing else to do? Maybe I hit a little close to home!? 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 6:02 AM

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 8:09 AM

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 8:11 AM

Dubera:
    WGT doesn’t have separate servers for mobile vs pc

Technically the two platforms can compete against one another in single play tournaments, but they can not compete in head to head competition.  The two platforms are separate and there is at least one mobile only tournament offered.  

That said, there is a "android emulator" that can allow desktop PC players to "simulate" a mobile platform and in doing so play on the mobile platform while sitting at a desktop PC.  I have heard there are a few nuances and glitches with those emulators though so I don't know how effective and consistent they are.

Also, I have often considered some of the very large tablets that nearly function as "desktop computer" replacements can be played similar to a PC … including obtaining an OTG cable to connect a mouse to your tablet with a large screen (as has already been mentioned here or in another thread).

Dubera:
    Mobile players will never have a shot in WGT tourneys or clash and turf until they set up separate severs!

I believe you are confusing "servers" and "playing platform" these may simply be terms to distinguish the two but different software is written and utilized support the two different platforms while largely using much of the same complex algorithms that allow for the game to operate and play as consistent as possible.  There are subtle difference though if you were to play extensively on the two platforms you would notice or pick up but they are subtle and primarily observed on the putting greens.

--- I could go on, but it sounds like you just need to invest more time into learning and understanding the game.  

Also, in some ways, if you concentrate on one specific platform and learn it very well... it is likely top mobile players can also be found at the top of leaderboards... I don't believe this nice guy accumulated all of his earnings on a whim and he is owner of a mobile only club.  I just don't know all of the other top mobile players but if you don't try and go back and forth all the time it is likely easier to gain the course and "feel" for that particular platform to play at the highest level with hard work and practice but it is not always easy.

Dubera:
    YouTube, you’ll see. 20, 21 under on 14 greens with high winds,

Yes, the best players in the game tend to save their best rounds!!! Wouldn't you?  They don't do that every single day unless they are running really well and the game is cooperating, but you don't see them saving all of their rounds where they may WD or post a mediocre score because well... who wants to save their ho hum rounds?  

The same can be said for the rest of us mere aspiring players... we too get frustrated and WD, forfeit rounds, restart until we get on a good run … sometimes you have to do that if you want to give yourself a chance to compete in the bigger tournaments when the first round is unlimited play and you have to hope you can get a personal best type of round to have a chance in the single play... WGT likes this of course because we use up more ball hits on use up more balls, hence why we likely will never see the end of an unlimited entry first round.

I get your frustration, I have been there, but research, learn, and practice... that is, if you want to go down that rabbit hole...

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2019 8:38 AM

• DuiTiger6
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:36 AM

I'm Lvl 103 Tour champ I play mobile version never played PC version just saw some videos on YouTube and from that I personally like mobile version better I think the player actually looks more realistic and smooth moving. As far as discussion about if PC players cheating I dont know but i have entered some of the big tourneys and think best i managed was 62 which was pretty good round but wasnt even close to top spot   Anyway I would play both and pick whichever version you like best but mobile version I have reached highest lvl with no problems if want to tire up play alot of tourneys which are considered ranked rounds only difference is no putter pal or green help on distance. I look at it as game meant to have fun and pass the time  Well hope this helps and have fun 

RSS