Forums

Help › Forums

Spend money on coins or actual new equipment?

Sat, Jun 16 2018 11:19 AM (33 replies)
  • ptptpt1
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 5:08 PM

so you have done exactly what I said--put money into the game.  

there may be top players that never put money in but I bet they have watched a lot of 2 credit videos.  

my point was that you cant win without at least somewhat upgraded equipment regardless of how you get it.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2018 6:32 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I came to realize a long time ago, that I will never be an "elite" player. I simply play this came because I have fun doing so. And you know what, every now and then I can put together a very nice round and compete with the best of them. But for the most part, I simply grip it and rip it and hope for the best.

I'm right there with ya. Some days, everything drops; other days, I can't buy a putt. I'm good enough to have fun playing but not good enough to get mad when I have a bad shot. :-) 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 3:53 AM

Robert1893:

In fact, when I get to the next level (103), I probably won't even buy the driver there. 

That might be a mistake. The Level 103 TM R1  driver is much better than the Nike driver you have, So accurate and forgiving. The only time I get into trouble with it is when I get too greedy and try impossible shots.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 6:25 AM

borntobesting:
    That might be a mistake. The Level 103 TM R1  driver is much better than the Nike driver you have, So accurate and forgiving. The only time I get into trouble with it is when I get too greedy and try impossible sho

I only see the TM driver better in one area. And that's distance, with +2 yards. Both drivers have a precision of 4.5, and the Nike driver is actually a tick better in forgiveness (4.6 as opposed to 4.5). While the TM has a slower meter, in my opinion, that's more of a preference rather than an advantage or disadvantage. 

In comparison, I think the Nike driver holds its own. I'll just need to decide if the +2 yards is worth it. In any case, the Nike driver does a great job in putting me in the proper position on all courses. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:24 AM

ptptpt1:
    my point was that you cant win without at least somewhat upgraded equipment regardless of how you get it.  

Well, if that was your point, that's fine. But it's pretty much a truism and an unremarkable point. Additionally, that's not what you wrote. You wrote the following:

You are never really fully up to date in terms of equipment. 

That point is simply not true, which was our point. 

• ptptpt1
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:32 AM

how is it NOT true? as soon as you level up, there are better clubs always available.  

the ppl that pay to get them are at a serious advantage. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 11:28 AM

Robert1893:

borntobesting:
    That might be a mistake. The Level 103 TM R1  driver is much better than the Nike driver you have, So accurate and forgiving. The only time I get into trouble with it is when I get too greedy and try impossible sho

I only see the TM driver better in one area. And that's distance, with +2 yards. Both drivers have a precision of 4.5, and the Nike driver is actually a tick better in forgiveness (4.6 as opposed to 4.5). While the TM has a slower meter, in my opinion, that's more of a preference rather than an advantage or disadvantage. 

In comparison, I think the Nike driver holds its own. I'll just need to decide if the +2 yards is worth it. In any case, the Nike driver does a great job in putting me in the proper position on all courses. 

Robert,

Having both drivers, I find the Nike indeed holds its own with the R1...downwind.

Upwind, the R1 is much better.

And while the forgiveness number is as you stated, the R1 just seems more forgiving.

For me, it was definitely worth the $$$.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 11:36 AM

ptptpt1:
    how is it NOT true? as soon as you level up, there are better clubs always available. 

It's not true because one eventually runs out of equipment to purchase. There's nothing about level 103. And there are plenty of players above that level. One player has made it to level 200, and someone in our club is at level 168.

ptptpt1:
    the ppl that pay to get them are at a serious advantage.

No one is disputing that. We're just saying that there's a ceiling. So, at some point, a player can be "fully up to date" with his or her equipment. Whether the player spends real money or earns credits through surveys or videos is irrelevant. At some point, the player cannot purchase better equipment because they've hit the ceiling.

Now, maybe WGT will introduce new and better equipment above level 103. But all of the equipment they've introduced over the last couple of years has been below that. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 11:38 AM

K7JBQ:

Having both drivers, I find the Nike indeed holds its own with the R1...downwind.

Upwind, the R1 is much better.

And while the forgiveness number is as you stated, the R1 just seems more forgiving.

For me, it was definitely worth the $$.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it and will keep it mind. Sometime in July, I should get to level 103. Based on what you write here, I'll give it some serious consideration. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2018 12:31 PM
    I have about 250,000 mobile coins that i'll never use. I'd quite happily lose a game on purpose to anyone who wants them. That's if thats how it works. I have no idea as i've never played games for coins.
RSS