Forums

Help › Forums

How do I move up in Tier?

Thu, Apr 29 2021 7:12 PM (26 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:03 PM

Your in a great country Club. Work with those great players to try and improve.

As mentioned above, there is great posts in the forums if you take the time read them.

The search box is over there >>>>>

• KJHolman
    4 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:41 PM

hahaha

• ethylplant
    24 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 1:44 AM

So I have been chatting with WGT Customer Service reps about  this very issue.

According to WGT - they do not give out information related to requirements to move up in Tier. They neither post it anywhere in their site, nor do they give it out when inquiring by e-mail.

I have talked to 11 Tour Legends about how long it took them to play their qualifying 500 rounds, and not a single one of them played 500 rounds. Most, in their stats, show less than 500 total ranked rounds for their entire career!

The information WGT did give me was that there are too many variables to be able to give specific information on moving up in Tier. Some move up under different qualifying circumstances than others. Some move quickly, while others take forever.There are np two the same when it comes to qualifying.

All 11 Tour Legends did say their average was BELOW 60 when they made Tour Legend.

When you read the posted info about the different levels and Tiers that WGT does have in print, the information is very old. Most of the info about Tier levels, qualifying rounds info, quitting a game, etc... is very out dated, and needs to be updated.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 8:29 AM

It's true that there are quite a few paths to tier promotion, until Legend tier. Still, the saturation / threshold of average path is confirmed a million times.

ethylplant:
    I have talked to 11 Tour Legends about how long it took them to play their qualifying 500 rounds, and not a single one of them played 500 rounds. Most, in their stats, show less than 500 total ranked rounds for their entire career!
    I strongly doubt that. I don't know of any other way to become a TL than play 500 ranked rounds plus an average of 60.000 or below.

Mind you that these rounds don't necessarily have to show in the stats ;)

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 9:56 AM

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 12:52 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Is this a case where you feel you should personally be promoted?

Go for the 100,000 credit phone chat, that should put you right!

• Spangled04
    27 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:55 AM

Played against a level 72 tour master today. Average score 150. Never played a ranked round.  Clearly this is outdated information. There must be many other factors in determining tier progression. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 7:58 PM

Spangled04:

Played against a level 72 tour master today. Average score 150. Never played a ranked round.  Clearly this is outdated information. There must be many other factors in determining tier progression. 

Average starts at 150.00 until you play a ranked round.

This is obviously a mobile player - tier progression is totally different than playing on PC.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:47 AM

Spangled04:

It's been stated that there are several ways to get a tier promotion. WGT does monitor the play of it's members, looking for both cheaters and those that have a skill level above the tier they are in. I do believe the latter is a mobile thing as it's easy to play h2h in mobile coin games and never play a ranked round. Thus, WGT recognizes the skill level of those players and rewards them by promoting them to the appropriate tier to insure fair play.

• DayLight01
    80 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 12:26 AM

I moved up to Master having never played a ranked round.  I think the reason I moved up is that a lot of the masters and up complained to WGT that I was bombing from the pro tee boxes.  I have had numerous people complain to me about how they think its unfair that I or anyone else can purchase high yardage drivers and spend the money to juice up the apparel.  I have been driving 300+ from basically day one after initially buying the Titlist bundle.  Additionally, I have played numerous legends and tour masters who have never played a rank round.  A couple of legends I have played against were in the low 40’s rank.  

RSS