Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Balls

Wed, Apr 25 2018 5:39 PM (37 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 4:45 AM

I'm a little bit the opposite, I'm not going to buy a bunch of sleeves because thats what they want . 

I'll go back to Cally's until they sort it out. At our levels, we can play with any decent ball.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 5:02 AM

HackWilson1930:

WGT: I am prepared to stock up on the Nike ball that I prefer. But my level of trust is not very high. (Perhaps the US  political system has affected me.) How do I know that if I purchased 100 sleeves now, you won't later give a discount to anyone making that kind of a purchase?

Make a price lock guarantee on all Nike balls now so that I and others can feel comfortable that you will not later drop the price or give a large order discount.

+1

• gatorman66
    307 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 5:10 AM

I am confident that WGT will replace Nike with something comparable.When I first started playing this game I played with the max ball for the meter speed.As I srarted to get better I switched to the Nike ball for the performance aspect and it took me months to figure that ball out....if I even have...lol.Point is playing with another ball is essentially like learning the game all over again....which I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so,so I'm sure WGT will hook us up....lol.Pretty sure I don't stand alone with this issue

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 5:31 AM

All the talk about discounts, price reductions, close outs???     Uhhhh......does anyone really think Top Golf / WGT has a storage room full of inventory that'll need to be discounted?

They're "virtual"..........   

I'm sure similar balls will be available.......  nothing more than logo change.    But, then again, this is TOP Golf.......   what should be no more than a logo swap will probably turn into a disaster.    No doubt some "programmer" (loosely used term) will feel the need to do some "Spec Tweaking"......     Prepare for the 22 yd drives and the 6 ft 8 iron shots.......

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 7:22 PM

Whatever our gracious hosts do is up to them......just read the T&C’s....

stock up and you just might be the smarter of us......

dont and you might be....it has always been a guessing game when they say something is going to happen....

Nike balls going away at the end of April......

of what year??

mee....I think it’s better to just wake up to find something has changed...

I’m still a bit peeved......I only needed 69,969,873 more creds to get the Maserati when that disappeared!!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 8:02 PM

Might want to look at it another way!  If you stock up on some, you probably would have bought them anyway, spending current cost (if they weren't going away) . If they go on sale, oh well you're no worse off. But no matter what they throw at us, you're just prolonging the inevitable, going to have to get the new ones eventually.   

Me, Im going to stock up some, let all those that dont, experiment with the new and I'll learn from them. Collect their expertise, and be the better off, for it. That's how I learned which balls and clubs, to go with, up to this point! 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 8:56 PM
    I think that's a reasonable approach. If my favorite ball was being discontinued IRL, I'd stop by my pro shop and buy at least a dozen. Which is what I just did with the level81 Nikes.
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 9:03 PM

I wasn't trying to be nasty, in an way, but probably 80% of the people here are going to scrambling, with the new.  If they come out with, the whatever ball, with same stats as what's going away, I still am good, and don't have buy for awhile.  Might even make out, I'm afraid the new ones, exact same stats, will cost more. If that's the case, then I'm ahead, and if not, I lose nothing. 

• ssaunderss
    469 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 9:11 PM

None of this gear is real There is no inventory. Its just change the code that does cost capital one time. All the brand names will go away eventually.  Top Golf is not going to pay to license anything so as the agreements run out everything will go generic so its just about lets see how much more they can monetize the platforms. I expect the same relative stats on some new Top Golf products but I bet you wont see the same level of durability on any new balls.  They will decrease the durability in an effort to promote greater sales revenue through more frequent purchases.

• NorCaLBones
    19 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2018 5:52 PM

nike balls discontinued & score averages mysteriously skyrocket overnight.

this is gonna be a fun watch

RSS