Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Balls

Wed, Apr 25 2018 5:39 PM (37 replies)
  • sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:37 PM

Lol....remember when Nike’s first appeared?

damm things went wayyyy to far....

a lot of 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:49 PM

jimwhitmire:
    I play the Nike 20XI-X and pay 4.50 per sleeve.....Dist 5.0, Spin 4.0, Dur 2.5, Meter 3.0...

Same here and I have no doubt whatever comes out, we'll be  able to replace it with the same thing. Maybe a .1 difference somewhere like they did with the Callaway irons when the Nikes went away but close enough to where we won't see much difference. The price point is a little distressing, though, not knowing what that will be.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:03 PM

Before you guys start complaining about whats coming , can it get here first ? This is nothing new and its not the end of the world . Before the nikes were introduced to the game Callaways were among the top balls in the game . Everyone swore by them and the top players used them . The new balls will be nothing but a new name and a new picture the stats will all be the same as now .

When the Callaways were so called upgraded it was nothing but a picture / name change . They didnt even mess with the specs of the balls at all . The same will be with the nikes swap out as well . Just make sure that you write down the specs of your favorite ball to match up with the new brand .

@ jimwhitmire WGT doesnt care about you being happy . They dont even care as to if you stay or leave . They  could care less as they will make money with or without you .The not stocking up is a smart move since they will eventually be gone anyway . So be patient and just wait for the swap out and then load up on the so called new balls . 

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 1:58 PM

When the Nikes are removed from the shop, I'll leave them in my tables for a while so they can be compared against whatever new stuff we get as a replacement.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 9:16 PM

We should all thank Scott

He has done more for us than all of us combined          

Ok....mb just a few of us.....

Thank you for everything ScottHope!!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 1:12 AM

Thank you Sheep, my efforts have been very generously rewarded by the community throughout my years here, so I don't go unnoticed by any means. A big thank you to all.  ; )

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 2:47 AM

they will be called

• bigbluedonkey
    59 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 3:45 AM

The only reason I may buy a few more Nike Balls before they disappear completely from WGT is: If they were to reduce the price of them by... shall we say... 50%. Here's a thought WGT; stick them all in a bargain bucket marked: 'Nearly New' & slap a 75% reduction on them as a sign of good will to all & everyone.

Although I won't be holding my breath on this one... It is a nice thought.

Cheers, BBD

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 3:55 AM

WGT: I am prepared to stock up on the Nike ball that I prefer. But my level of trust is not very high. (Perhaps the US  political system has affected me.) How do I know that if I purchased 100 sleeves now, you won't later give a discount to anyone making that kind of a purchase?

Make a price lock guarantee on all Nike balls now so that I and others can feel comfortable that you will not later drop the price or give a large order discount.

• deadheadkev
    41 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 4:21 AM

yo dude i dont need to chill. unless they say they are giving us our balls under another name I dont believe they will. Ive spent enough on this game to be pissed about this. This isnt some pay once game play the rest of your life. This game costs people like me plenty. 

RSS