Forums

Help › Forums

Nike Balls

Wed, Apr 25 2018 5:39 PM (37 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 7:51 AM

What balls will be replacing the Level 80 and above Nikes?

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 8:30 AM

It's a secret right now.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 8:44 AM

It's all about selling more Nike's before the end of April to buy more tee markers.  Then they will announce that the new ball is the greatest thing since spilt milk to buy more ball vapor trails.  The windmill is coming soon to a course near you.  Childish ownership ideas suck.

• meresi
    84 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 9:24 AM

i don't care so far, BUT: if this is really a clearence or closeout, in that case everybody should have access to all kinds of nike balls, meaning: all levels of balls even 97 and higher, like in real life...anything else would be just a lame joke...

meresi

• deadheadkev
    41 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 10:49 AM

Exactly...Im already trying other balls and they suck. Makes my game suck. I cant find anything the same stats as my nike. Im starting to get annoyed enough to leave. Im not going to buy *** to stock up on a ball they are getting rid of anyway. How hard can it be to offer an exact replacement for people who use nike. call it whateverthefuckyawant. Its not fair to people who have kept this game afloat for years buying balls and clubs. 

• MikeHD
    89 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:06 PM

Who gives a toss what the brand name is?
    Don't forget that this is a computer game. The properties of all bits of equipment are determined by computer code not manufacturing lines.
    There are no patents, just copyrights to the name. So WGT can program balls to any specification they choose.
    Good performing balls are just as easy to program as crappy balls. 
    I would be happy to play with a ball called a "WGT special" instead of "Nike RZN" if it had the same performance.
    The only reason I pay more for better equipment is because it enhances my own personal enjoyment and I can afford it.

WGT can give us anything they want. It is just nice, but not essential, to have big brand names as it adds a little bit to the feeling of authenticity.
    Come on WGT pull your fingers out and stop trying to make us panic buy.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:07 PM

deadheadkev:
    Exactly...Im already trying other balls and they suck. Makes my game suck. I cant find anything the same stats as my nike. Im starting to get annoyed enough to leave. Im not going to buy *** to stock up on a ball they are getting rid of anyway. How hard can it be to offer an exact replacement for people who use nike. call it whateverthefuckyawant. Its not fair to people who have kept this game afloat for years buying balls and clubs. 

Ya need to chill, dude! The same exact balls will all be there, they will just be re-branded, most likely with the Callaway logo.

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:14 PM

DITTO, (Although my game already sucks most days.).

If no equivalent ball coming would someone with excessive credits like to spot me a couple hundred sleeves of  NIKE 20XI-X Balls (L71+). Thanks, Gary

• meresi
    84 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:27 PM

well, it seems my answer stucks somewhere, strange if not to say very seltsam

• jimwhitmire
    2 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:28 PM

The question is not what logo, it is AT WHAT PRICE????... I play the Nike 20XI-X and pay 4.50 per sleeve.....Dist 5.0, Spin 4.0, Dur 2.5, Meter 3.0....The closest thing that Callaway balls have to offer and it does not match those stats costs 6.25.  Is this just another ploy by WGT to get more money from those of us who play regularly and spend our money to enhance our performance?  Maybe it is time we started to rethink where and how often we play....Yes I imagine that WGT will dazzle us with a NEW product and try to entice us to buy it but is it going to offer the same value for our WGT Dollars?  At this point I doubt it but will wait and see.  As far as stocking up....that is not gonna happen....If you are listening WGT be advised that there are those of us---good customers that you SHOULD WANT TO KEEP HAPPY!

RSS