5,502 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 7:48 AM

+1 Craig

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 8:03 AM

DonCaron:

+1 Craig

Haha, I was waiting for something to happen until I realized it was just a good tip. 

:-D

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 8:46 AM

Speed is everything inside the greens. Stop ramming the ball hoping some miracle would happen...you can't go straight if there's a break there.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 10:32 AM

This may just be a coincedence but I encountered a dose of "lip out itis" ( a common golfer's disease ) after I bought the high level Sabertooth putter.  After about 3 months of trying to figure things out, I gave up and went back to my Nike Method putter ( unfortunately no longer available ) and the ball started falling in the hole with more regularity. 

Just thought I'd throw that at ya.

• Cuser44
    1,045 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 11:07 AM

You have to adjust for the wind direction as well.  Just because your putting doesn't mean that a stronger wind won't effect the ball.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 11:43 AM

Click here to play this video
    sorry jim .

Here is what you want .

Image result for funny putting  golf gifs

• girlyman0
    33 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2018 1:17 PM

Do not think its a  coincidence ,I went thru  much the same thing went thru a few of the highly rated expensive putters that did not live up to their  reviews ,went back to my  level 46   nike method and all was good again , the method has to be one of the best putters in the game, so glad that I hung on to it

• JDGHOST
    6,778 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 2:48 PM

YankeeJim:

rlowvaughn:
    The number of lip-outs has become absurd the past few months

You are the perfect test case for verifying something commonly known to most-green speeds change. Because you play just one course-the easiest one-you expect every putt to be the same. Newsflash, they're not. They change ever so slightly on an irregular basis and it's up to you to realize that and adjust. Obviously you're not doing that. Now that you know you should be able to fix your problem.

I use myself as an example just today. I missed almost every putt in 3 AS games by not hitting hard enough. The greens have slowed down slightly and I kept trying to stick with the way they've been most of the week. My misses were all on the correct line but died at the end and curled away from the cup. I did that at least 5 times. My bad, I didn't adjust. WGT ethics remain intact, the game was just replicating RL.  :-)

I do agree with Jim ....but i am having just to many lip outs all of a sudden?? I play many different greens and speeds and courses....I know how to adjust.....but issue now the lip out even looks DIFFERENT??   Like  WGT shrunk the hole a tad?? Maybe I'm just way off lately I don't know..... but many are saying the same thing?    IDK.....just my 2cents......JD

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, May 3 2018 5:51 PM

I hear wgt go add to the shop...SQUARE holes!, for those all who think are having to much ''lip outs''

....which is what happens in ROUNDED holes

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2018 5:43 AM

JDGHOST:
    .but issue now the lip out even looks DIFFERENT??

If I had to describe that difference I would say it looks like the edges of the cub were beveled. I know that sounds silly but the latest round of my lip outs include many more 270 degree misses. I even had one putt circle the entire cup and not drop. That is really odd but not beyond realistic. 

RSS