Sat, Mar 31 2018 4:08 PM

simon i took no offence from your reply

after all it is just a reply and banter

@wgt moderator

wake up and smell the gravy this reply was in fun

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 8:21 AM

I just want to point out that the golden putter is an honor the person that gets it, and a curse for the club itself. People who get it tend to then back way off on their clashing which hurts the club (if they are truly a clash club), and the criteria for getting the putter is all over the place and people get very bitter... 

I have mine from Bro cc, clash 101, and worked hard for others to get theirs before and after me. But it's just a putter... no better than an Odysee if you ask me. 

It's an honor to get, but hard to fathom 250 people playing for one person to get the putter. 

Clashing is one of those things that is up to the person and club... I don't mind buying passes and playing. It is sort of relaxing for me. But the prize structure as has been said many times needs to be completely upgraded. The clash is slowly dying... and whoever is winning is really just more willing to spend the money to win. The Georgians, Bro cc and now The Penalty Box. The more the clubs win, the less interested members get. I know first hand.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 4:54 PM

Kenbo00:
    and the criteria for getting the putter is all over the place and people get very bitter... 

Spot on. That was the reason why I quit the G. Wasn't pretty to see some people getting so overly obssessed by the fake gold putter image.

Like anywhere else, the CC, the forum, etc., the vast majority of people are just fine, it's always that small number of bitter ones who ruin the whole atmosphere spreading out their negative thoughts and showing aggressive attitude towards others. Bet something's missing in their RL, leading into developing a huge complex and a destructive jealousy, always in anger and blaming others no matter what. They often say they're doing fine in life but they're not. They're just on escapism and reality denial. Pitiful souls... Gotta be really hard to pretend something they are not.

I agree. It's about time to think of and launch a NEW, BETTER CC competition system and replace the OLD Clash we're forced to go through every other week, especially in the dawn of this new era of the game.

I'm sure this golf game will end up being better, if not the best in the industry with better system and better people all around the world. Can't wait to see it happening. Cheers.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 2:32 PM

WOW you replied to a posts thats over 18 months old

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 4:20 PM

adaputter:

Too funny. Was playing AS tonight against a golden putter equipped op that couldn't putt to save his life. Found myself wondering whatever happened to the Gorgons.  :-D

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 4:42 PM

YankeeJim:

adaputter:

Too funny. Was playing AS tonight against a golden putter equipped op that couldn't putt to save his life. Found myself wondering whatever happened to the Gorgons.  :-D

it may have gone rusty

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 4:47 PM

YankeeJim:
    Was playing AS tonight against a golden putter equipped op that couldn't putt to save his life.

Just because you own a F1 machine, it doesn't mean you will drive like Schumacher.

Well, in case of GP, it can't even be compared to a F1 machine, it's rather a regular sedan waaay overpriced, 100 times more expensive for being painted in fake gold colour.

↓↓↓ EDIT: Correction. I was replying to the quote above. ↓↓↓

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 5:21 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

adaputter:

YankeeJim:

adaputter:

it may have gone rusty

Just because you own a F1 machine, it doesn't mean you will drive like Schumacher.

Well, in case of GP, it can't even be compared to a F1 machine, it's rather a regular sedan waaay overpriced, 100 times more expensive for being painted in fake gold colour.

??????

not sure what your reply means

my reply was off the cuff saying that this post is 18 months old

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2019 12:23 AM

let's all join in .

now - that rusty putter .

this only works on fool's gold .

Image result for wd 40 gif

• PAGES
RSS