Forums

Help › Forums

WGT needs to stop the cheats

Sun, Nov 22 2020 12:51 PM (75 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 7:34 AM

theshortdriver:
    I know as well that some will try to get away with cheating on here,how do I know this..well one time I played a..legend..on St Andrews front nine and I was a bit skeptical from the start as he was a legend but had only been on the site for less then two years anyways he birdied a staggering 7 holes in a row

First, getting to Legend tier in less than two years is not that big of a deal. It took me less than 6 months to get to Legend tier, and I'm not that great of a player.

And second, sometimes people have rounds in which they just "catch fire." It happens. So, do you think I was cheating when I had the following round on Chambers Bay from the back tees on champion greens?

Now, the person might have been cheating. I don't know. But some players on here are very, very good and can shoot low rounds consistently. I'm only about average, and even I have rounds like the above. And that round included a 53-foot putt from way above the hole on 7 (I think I had about a 2 foot drop in elevation to the hole). 

By the way, in my opinion, Chambers Bay is significantly more difficult than the front 9 of St. Andrews. Heck, if the winds are right, you'll have a wedge for an approach on virtually every par 4 and will be on the green of the par 5 in two. One time, over the last 5 holes on that course, I shot -7. I ended up with a 27 (birdied only 2 of the first 4 holes).

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 7:54 AM

theshortdriver:

I was a bit skeptical from the start as he was a legend but had only been on the site for less then two years 

LMAO

I have never been any better than decent  It took me 58 days to make legend. TL took me 364 days. That was playing exclusively in default tournaments. I wasn't in a cc. Two things... 1) not only was that not cheating 2) it was nothing special. There are hundreds of players better. Way better. 

YankeeJim:

This should have been an immediate indication that the guy was jerking your chain. LOL

+1

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 8:36 AM

YankeeJim:

theshortdriver:
    he then told me that he could not win the regular way so he looked and looked then found and bought a cheat code from a hacker for any golf game

This should have been an immediate indication that the guy was jerking your chain. LOL

If he bought a cheat code and could only make 7 birdies in a row on what is easily the easiest front 9 in the game the cheat code can’t be very good. Even as mediocre as I can be I  have made 8 birdies in a row on St. Andrews front 9. I have even made at least 9 in a row a few times. Doesn’t take cheating just good play and a little luck.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 8:41 AM

borntobesting:
    If he bought a cheat code and could only make 7 birdies in a row on what is easily the easiest front 9 in the game the cheat code can’t be very good. Even as mediocre as I can be I  have made 8 birdies in a row on St. Andrews front 9. I have even made at least 9 in a row a few times. Doesn’t take cheating just good play and a little luck.

+1 

• Ohjoy40
    19 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:06 AM

Well lets put it this way then.  I like I've said I've played this game for many years.  I have never played anyone that was so good that he or she could shoot a perfect and certainly not a round in the low 50's.  I just don't see it.  From what I have seen there are cheat codes for this game that slow the meter down to half speed which can give you the opportunity to hit a perfect ding everytime.  This is cheating !!!  I'm sorry its not cool and WGT should find a way to eliminate this ability so it makes it a even playing field for everyone !  Just saying

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:21 AM

@Ohjoy40

No one is denying that cheat codes exist or that there are players who cheat. We're simply saying that because someone shoots in the 50s is not proof that the person cheats.

And if you want to see someone shoot in the 50s, there are some players who will stream their games as well as post their rounds to YouTube.  

Like one of the people above, a couple of times, I've shot a "perfect" 9 on St. Andrews (i.e. 9 straight birdies). I don't cheat and I'm not an elite player.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:43 AM

Robert1893:
    No one is denying that cheat codes exist

I would take issue with this. Cheat devices, yes, but not codes. Those would have had to have been programmed into the game from the start. I can't see WGT doing that. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:53 AM

@Jim

Fair point. 

• theshortdriver
    138 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 11:23 AM

No post

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 12:23 PM

YankeeJim:
    I would take issue with this. Cheat devices, yes, but not codes. Those would have had to have been programmed into the game from the start. I can't see WGT doing that. 

Programmers would never ever have a back door now would they.God Mode anyone?

RSS