Forums

Help › Forums

How do you get high caliber into your CC?

Fri, Mar 23 2018 12:35 PM (3 replies)
  • ChrisTucker5
    18 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:26 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering, how does a country club land a tour master+ member? From how long I had my country club; I came to the conclusion that anyone above an amateur is so likely to be in an country club already that there is no point in asking.

Do you just get amateurs and just hope one day they become a legend? Do higher level CC's attract higher tier members?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:28 AM

What I do is pretty simple. When I play a round with other players, I check to see if they're in a club. If not, I wait a few holes to see what kind of player they are and how they interact. If I like what I see, around the seventh or eighth hole I'll simply ask if they'd consider joining a CC. About 10% of the time I get a yes, and thus a new member.

I don't think the level of the club makes a helluva lot of difference. My club is level 11, but I've never had a "prospect" ask what level we are.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 11:55 AM

It's best to get a few players around the same level as yourself and then improve and grow the club together. Watch some of the top guys play on youtube and learn how to play the game well. When you find out something new then share it with your club mates so they can try it too. Then when a few reach around legend tier you'll be good enough to teach some new members that might be of a lower tier. Hopefully they will improve to the same standard. Never stop trying to improve though as your own improvement will only improve your club as well.

I started the Wooden Tee CC 5 years ago this coming Sunday with GladstoneScrewer and a promising player by the name of Fmagnets. We all know how good he got. Together we helped out up and coming players in the game and grew the club. Now we're at the stage where top players ask to join us. But 1 thing we never stop doing is trying to improve our own games and help others try to reach the same level.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 12:35 PM

ChrisTucker5:
    how does a country club land a tour master+ member?
    You must attract him - maybe a tad difficult as a TP(?)

As others said, let the members grow with you, and at some point you will be attractive (game-wise).

OTOH, "grown" members may grow out of your CC. I had a few TLs and Champs go & look for the company of peers...

RSS