Forums

Help › Forums

PING G25 (59+) Set + which ball and which wedge?

Wed, Apr 18 2018 3:42 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tagmasta87serbia
    6 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 3:27 AM

Hey there...i need some advice :)

I am 59 level Tour Pro and i just bought Ping G25 (59+) set, so i wanna know whats the best ball to buy with this set and which Wedges too add to my clubs?

thx....and...anyone need player for country club? :P

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:56 AM

Depending on your budget the Callaway Lvl 33 is an excellent ball.

As far as wedges go it just comes down to taste/budget again.  You really can't go wrong with the TM's or Cleves.   Same goes for them at the highest level too -- they're all good.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 10:00 AM

+1 on Callaway Chrome Soft (L33) ball. Same is true for wedges. Even so, I really love the Cleveland wedges. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 10:04 AM

kavvz:
    Depending on your budget the Callaway Lvl 33 is an excellent ball.

^^This. I can vouch for it because I used that combo for a long time, all the way up to Legend. I had Satin wedges at the time but have since replaced them with the CGs, which I recommend but you can't go wrong with the ATVs either.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:28 PM

On the tour pro and tour master tee, I opted for the L11 Srixon ball as it was economical and playable on those two tees especially with your driver.  Playing less expensive balls allowed me to save those extra credits towards future club upgrades.  But with your driver you could probably even play a starter ball on many courses, you would want more spin or bite for the longer courses with elevated greens but you have plenty of length off the tee from the Tour Pro tees.  Personally, I feel a ball with more spin and not necessarily more distance will help with approach shots.  Again, it depends on your playing style if you want to try and play for the ball to release or try to hit and stop quicker.  

There is nothing wrong with the more expensive Cleveland wedges, I just opted to go the bargain route of playing the AVG line and got wedges in the 100 75 50 range and could almost get two wedges for the price of one Cleveland, so I felt it was a better deal and would save me close to 1350 credits.  I also observed champion tier players still holding onto and playing the mid level AVG wedge because they got to know it so well. 

The wedges do play slightly differently so it can come down to a preference on playing style and approach.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 1:54 PM

tagmasta87serbia:
    anyone need player for country club? :P

Sounds like you are looking for a new club to call home. Check out THE PEOPLES CLUB. we are very friendly and active with lots of tournaments

• tagmasta87serbia
    6 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 10:07 AM

thank you all for help...i think i will buy 52 and 56 clevlend wedges...i dont have place in my bag for others anyway...and there is biggest gap in yards...

callaghan159 can u send me invitation for country club? or should i first leave my current inactive country club?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 12:23 PM

tagmasta87serbia:
    .i think i will buy 52 and 56 clevlend wedges

Don't do that please!

You need two short wedges fitting below your PW. Perhaps three - drop the hybrid!

tagmasta87serbia:
    should i first leave my current inactive country club?

It's a good move to prove as a free player.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 12:48 PM

tagmasta87serbia:
    .i think i will buy 52 and 56 clevlend wedges.

That would be a mistake. The 64W should be the first one you buy, it's essential for around the green shots. Your best bet is that 64W followed by a 60W and then a 56W. You really don't need that HB and you'd get way more use out of the wedge that replaces it.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 2:15 PM

tagmasta87serbia:
    callaghan159 can u send me invitation for country club? or should i first leave my current inactive country club?

Interestingly enough Robert, Brian (callaghan159) and I are all from the same club...I don't think you can get an invite or be accepted while you are in another club, but send a friend requests to either Ladychipper or Nopro17.  I believe either one of them will be able to help you along...

• PAGES
RSS