Forums

Help › Forums

Brackets tournaments

Wed, Mar 21 2018 12:45 PM (4 replies)
  • pugger59
    8 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2018 6:01 AM

Bracket tournaments would be much more interesting if you could put a 5 credit fee to them so 1st. and 2nd. place finishers could win a few credits

• merrillball
    2 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 8:36 AM

Anyone know how winner of ties in Bracket tournaments are determined?  I beat a player in first round, we tied in second round, he advanced and I did not.

Thanks

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2018 5:15 PM

merrillball:
    Anyone know how winner of ties in Bracket tournaments are determined? 

See FAQ's - Over there =======>

How are ties handled?

If two players post the same score in a match then the tie-breaker rules will be used to determine the winner of the match.

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final nine (9) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 18th hole (9th for nine hole games) in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 17th (8th for nine hole games) through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner, and if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 1:23 AM

merrillball:
    I beat a player in first round, we tied in second round, he advanced and I did not.
    I'm afraid that you may have missed the point of Bracket tourneys. You play against one player, and the winner advances to the next stage.

Methinks that you refer to the Master Bracket starting on 3-17(?) You started with a 66, your opponent S... WDed - you advanced.

Your second opponent was decided in the bracket below. B... scored 67, advancing against W... who also WD.

Note that, despite of the scores shown, you didn't beat b... but S...!

You second round match against b... ended tied with 70 scores - scorecard tie break rules applied, and he prevailed. BTW: The only way to check this would be if both of you store scorecards before leaving the game and share them afterwards.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Mar 21 2018 12:45 PM

merrillball:

Anyone know how winner of ties in Bracket tournaments are determined?  I beat a player in first round, we tied in second round, he advanced and I did not.

Thanks

For the time being, forget about how ties work.  First you need to understand how a bracket tourney works.

Only the opponent in the round you are playing has anything to do with anything.  You beat that opponent and you move on, you lose to that opponent and you don't.  Makes no difference if you shot a lower score in a previous round or the opponent shot a higher score.  It's the opponent at that moment, in that round.  I see too many times players asking, I shot lower scores then others in the bracket why didn't I move on.  Brackets, don't work that way.

Also, it makes no difference if you shot a lower score then others on that round of the bracket.  It's only your score against the opponent you are playing.

Sorry if this sounded harsh, but players need to learn how things work.

In your example used, the tie breaker rules were used for you and your opponent in round 2.  Round 1 had no bearing on those rules.  Your opponent shot a lower score then their opponent in round 1 so moved on, just as you did.  Now round 2 is all new, between you and your opponent.

RSS