Forums

Help › Forums

Where's My Bonus?

Tue, Mar 27 2018 1:53 PM (23 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 3:00 PM

MainzMan:
    in the UK On the game refers to a way a person can earn money.  Being paid to perform certain acts.....

I am going to guess that has nothing to do with fixing a plumbing leak or painting a wall .

OPY 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 3:18 PM
    I remember when i was in Hawaii as a kid with my parents. We was sat in a restaurant and my Mum (Mom in the USA) said i'm just going outside for a f ag (i even have to put a space in so it will show) (slang for cigarette in the UK) You should of seen the strange looks she got from all the other people in the restaurant :-)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Mar 18 2018 4:04 PM

Isn't language wonderful...

:-)

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:49 PM

I can't see what all the confusion is about.  You Americans can't spell, and you use incorrect terms to describe things....  Simple.

Now, where's that sarcasm button........dammit!

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 3:16 AM

ScottyAKing:

I can't see what all the confusion is about.  You Americans can't spell, and you use incorrect terms to describe things....  Simple.

Now, where's that sarcasm button........dammit!

Why?  Because we don't add an extra, unneeded letter (U) to some words.  Which also to us would totally change the pronunciation.

Incorrect terms?  Oh, here we go about bonnets again!!!  And BTW a boot is something worn on the foot.

So then, where is actually the confusion?  Maybe it's not us?

Oh yeah, least I forget,,,,Sarcasm off.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 5:07 AM

We need to make the most of every minute of every day, because, “We are food for worms, lads. Believe it or not, each and every one of us in this club is one day gonna stop breathing, turn cold, and die.”

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 6:41 AM

That great Irish playwright, GBS, once proclaimed that Americans hadn't spoken English for years!

• bunber
    3 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 10:05 AM

HackWilson1930:

That great Irish playwright, GBS, once proclaimed that Americans hadn't spoken English for years!

• sbjorn
    41 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 5:37 PM

First off, your grammar is terrible and an ellipsis is three dots and they together are treated as a separate word. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 11:23 PM

sbjorn:
    First off,

Curious: What's second?

As an alleged avid teacher of English, you might want to take care of how to present an enumeration in a consistent manner(?)

RSS