Help › Forums

Enough with these Ball Effect Promotions

Fri, Mar 16 2018 5:13 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:01 AM

Just received this for logging on to site;

2018-03-15 Promotion bonus received: Ball Effects - Beer (50) Promotion Earned

What a bunch of cheap crap ... last ones where (100) hits.

Please put more effort into returning the things that has been lost. Like Chat at end of game, keeping mouse cusor focused in in game chat and fixing the ball trails on all replays.

The aduts that play this game do NOT need these childish trinketts. I have not got a sucker from visiting the doctor in 50 years and these trinketts feel just like getting a sucker for visiting here!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:19 AM

Luckily, you don't have to equip said ball effect.

Some adults don't mind / like the trinkets.  i.e.  you are not the only adult that plays.  

Lastly, you also don't have to visit here. 

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:57 AM

Adult here & I would like to receive the occasional lower end ball like wgt used to provide. They can keep the special effects crap, ridiculous IMO.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 1:16 PM

Posts like this are ridiculous IMO.

See above.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 2:20 PM

German wisdom (I apologise) says, "Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul!"
    (Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!)

Need anyone say more?

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:40 PM

We need to have a little more judgment in formulating our opinions, it is true that there are people who may like these new effects for the balls, it is also true that if someone does not want to use them, he simply does not activate them.

That said, I am one of those who thinks that this type of effects only ruin the game experience, on the one hand it does not make any sense to see these caricature effects in a game with realistic environment, and most importantly, the vast majority of times that someone uses these effects the loads and the functioning of the meter are affected (badly)

By the way Mr kavvz, like several other users of this forum, it seems that you only intention is to criticize those who raise something, ALL your comments have the same pattern, criticize and think that anyone who does not think like you is ridiculous, time to grow up Mr

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 4:36 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

By the way Mr kavvz, like several other users of this forum, it seems that you only intention is to criticize those who raise something, ALL your comments have the same pattern, criticize and think that anyone who does not think like you is ridiculous, time to grow up Mr

Not gonna debate with you, but I will say that you obviously didn't do any research before making that claim.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 4:59 PM

kavvz:

That's not exactly true.

With the last mobile update, the system somehow automatically equipped the "heart effect" on both my devices (iPhone and iPad). I couldn't turn it off, and it had unlimited hits. When I tried to go into the ball effects, the screen currently isn't displaying properly and prevented turning the heart effects off.

I contacted CS. To their credit, they responded. But what they wanted to do was to reset my password and go into my account to see if they could fix it. For whatever reason, I didn't want to do that.

Fortuitously, I got (for free) the new "beer effect" today, which I was able to enable. It had a 50-hit limit. I played a practice round, used up all the hits, then the system defaulted back to no effects.

So, the ball effects do have, at times, some unexpected glitches. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 5:25 PM

Robert1893:

kavvz:

That's not exactly true.

With the last mobile update, the system somehow automatically equipped the "heart effect" on both my devices (iPhone and iPad). I couldn't turn it off, and it had unlimited hits. When I tried to go into the ball effects, the screen currently isn't displaying properly and prevented turning the heart effects off.

I contacted CS. To their credit, they responded. But what they wanted to do was to reset my password and go into my account to see if they could fix it. For whatever reason, I didn't want to do that.

Fortuitously, I got (for free) the new "beer effect" today, which I was able to enable. It had a 50-hit limit. I played a practice round, used up all the hits, then the system defaulted back to no effects.

So, the ball effects do have, at times, some unexpected glitches. 

Ok, but it's certainly not intended to be that way.  I've never had a free effect enable when I din't want it to.  I gotta ask though why contact CS only to not let them fix it.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 6:00 PM

kavvz:
    I gotta ask though why contact CS only to not let them fix it.

Two reasons.

First, given the issue with mobile passwords a while back, I wasn't thrilled about giving up control over what my password was. Additionally, there was no guarantee that they would be able to fix it.

They had no idea what had caused the glitch. They simply wanted to go in and see if they could do something. It's not like they said, "We know exactly what's going on. Let us reset your password and go into your settings so we can fix it."

And two, given that it really wasn't affecting play and I had the hesitancy above, I decided that I just wanted to wait to see if the problem resolved itself (for example, after another update). In fact, this is what I told CS. They understood. 

And as it worked out, simply waiting a day or so solved the issue. :-) 

I updated CS and thanked them for their willingness to help.  

• PAGES
RSS