Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 68 with Set of the Week

Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:11 PM (186 replies)
  • Pingkin
    512 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 6:21 PM

Why not give everyone free rental for the duration of the clashes and let them only use them in the clashes.Let them use any clubs they like.You might just find a much larger participation in the events.Also might give a few more sales after the event.Beats set of the week imo.

Dopeys the best cos he's too st0ned to give a $£(% ;)

• DivatDown
    163 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:15 PM

Of course the Georgians will win, just ask a bunch of them what they are using, proven fact.........just saying

• Nancy1959
    7,056 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:46 PM

DivatDown:

Of course the Georgians will win, just ask a bunch of them what they are using, proven fact.........just saying

I am in that CC and I have no idea.  Why don't you enlighten me?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 7:55 PM

Can't play anything else while this clash is going on? Without using the set of the week clubs?  I tried to change out my ball, for a cheaper one, I cant, I also have level 26 clubs as clubs, I'm not going to use a level 96 ball, with level 26 clubs.  I usually buy about 10 passes in the clashs, not now. Is this their way of forcing us to play with their garbage, during clash time, still have to use them for other tourneys? ( Cc or others) 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:04 PM

C/s rectified situation.  Sorry for ranting. 

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 8:58 PM

Pardon me if I'm missing the obvious, where is the Set of The Week Content listed, or Can someone tell me Clubs and Balls and their Level.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 9:08 PM

Justified 

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:06 PM

Ahhhh yes.....   The Clasher's are complaining.....       <renewing my faith in the Golf Gods>

• deki7
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 10:56 PM

I don't see with what SOW i played this clash, ofc i saw there is some Rocket Ballz and Ghost putter but i want to know before i play what level they are, what specification ( prec., forg., spin, meter speed). I find very stupid not to know that and see that !!

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:33 PM

el3n1:

Nancy1959:
    Everyone loses with this stupid "club set of the week" format, including WGT who makes a lot less money!!!

Not everyone!  And, WGT was likely quite aware of the fact it would potentially impact participation, but they attempted to incorporate aspects that would potentially balance things out somewhat, offer point incentives for some skill based aspects of game play.  

I have my own love hate relationship with SOTW but the beauty of it, is that it challenges players to actually think about their shot types, become a little more creative in landing zones versus just trying to throw darts with the same ole set of clubs...the game becomes routine...

but, even with SOTW and all of the work many people on here have given with tips on shot types, calculations, spreadsheets, even with SOTW it is possible to play reasonably well...no we may not see a lot of 8, 9, 10 under par for 9 holes but how often do you see that in real life golf anyway.  

The other side of this, is it can also reveal strengths and weaknesses in a persons game.  It could even help some people see what before were small judgement errors exaggerated because their "good clubs" were compensating for their little mistakes.  

I am not saying this SOTW clash has gone over extremely well, it definitely has it's major shortcomings, but there is value that many are blatantly dismissing out of their own frustrations, which some can also be understood to an extent. But I do like certain aspects that were introduced to reward points for sand saves, greens in regulations, etc because those are reflective of a more skilled player not just wacking the ball around endlessly.  Clubs could then provide better mentorship of their lower tier players helping them in these areas building more club support and connections among players.

Well said.

I would agree with the majority if this, esp. about learning and adapting. (being challenged)

I tried SOTW months ago and really did not care for it so have avoided it since.

I have also tended to avoid clashes as they are never competitive.

Since the clash is a different scoring system in reality I thought I would give it a try this evening.

I played with the set given and free balls. Was actually pleased with the results.

It was a real pleasure not to have the pressure to shoot 9 under par every round.

AND I had some fun, remember fun? 

That is why most of us are here. To enjoy ourselves.

KenB

RSS