Forums

Help › Forums

Clash 68 with Set of the Week

Mon, Apr 16 2018 3:11 PM (186 replies)
  • Ketket1
    6,887 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:01 PM

I think the scoring is.

So the multiplier. In each match the top 10 scores have a multiplier effect so if you scored 160 points and that was the top score the multiplier is 6x and you would end up with 960 points. For the purpose of the match score (to determine the 500 point win bonus), this is added to the Club score and if you look in the Results section it will reflect in there. In the Event Home - Club Event Total screen, you would also see the multiplied score against your name - both during and after the match. 
    However, in the Leaderboard screen, both during and after each match, the total club points only reflect the actual score of 160.
    Individual scores in both the matches and Club Event Total screen also benefit from the "old" 100 point top scorer bonus, the 300 point Longest Putt bonus and the 300 point Longest Holed Shot bonus. 
    The club points in the Leaderboard also benefit from these as well as the Greens in Regulation bonus, Birdies and Better bonus, Sand Save bonus and Distance of Total Putts Made bonus. Plus the 500 point win bonus. 
    I think I'm close to the mark with this. But it's that convoluted I might be a million miles away from it. 
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:05 PM

3 rounds .

9 over .

8 over .

9 over .

putting with this putter and wgt balls is impossible .

Hate sow .

Bring back old game .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:07 PM

Also my 3 rounds scored around 150 points .

But I was awarded 1500 points .

Why .

And my score went yellow .

• marksusie
    918 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:11 PM

They seem to having the scoring fixed, I really Like the Clubs of the Week, make you think about every shot.

I think that WGT is trying to make it a better event, and am very willing to give it a solid test drive before blasting it and saying that it is no good.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:13 PM

WGTChampion:

60 foot putt, fluke or not, pretty impressive. 

_CHAMPION 

about as rare as a HIO, yes it is nice but it is more luck than skill...now if they drain 60 foot putts about 25% of the time then I would be impressed. but we know pretty much any putt over 50 feet is usually statistically less than 1% for most everyone on here.  less than 1% is luck in my line of thinking even when it happens for me in my favor.  realistically you are just lagging that putt close for a two putt which you would be happy to do 95% of the time.

From what I have gathered though, Clashes have never been about "skill."  Just as the previous version could be manipulated the new system just changes that up a little, but players can still go out play countless rounds and simply try to make the shots that give you bonus points on...the overall score doesn't really matter.  You can shoot 100 but if you manage to sink a long putt, make an approach shot (or pitch shot) from off the green, you could still easily outscore someone shooting 8 under par.  

I am more impressed with someone shooting 8 under par with SOTW clubs, not really impressed by people that play round after round after round to score as many points as possible and earn as many bonus points as possible.  

That said, the green's in regulation and the sand saves I believe are two areas that do reflect a clubs overall proficiency but points from those two can be easily offset...

Not trying to be critical of WGT or anyone else, just sharing an observation from my own perspective in my 1 year or so on WGT.  Others have been around a lot longer and they may feel similar or differently...I commend WGT for at least attempting something new to change things up whether it sticks, I don't know.

I am not the expert though, just my observation.   

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:20 PM

WGTChampion:

For those of you playing in the first Set of the Week clash and our first clash with some new scoring bonuses, how do you like it? 

Hit me with some feedback! 

_CHAMPION 

PS. If you're not playing in the event, tell me which one of the Seven Dwarfs were your favorite and why. 

UPDATE We believe the issue lies somewhere in the leaderboard, which is why some of you are able to play rounds and then get locked out of the clash. I will continue to update this post as more information becomes available. 

UPDATE 2 It seems the problem occurs when two players tie for 10th place. Still investigating. 

UPDATE 3 We have a fix, it's going through testing now. Once finished testing it will lead to a short downtime (about 20 minutes) that we expect to run at 1:30pm Pacific. Once we're back up the issue should be fixed. 

The set of the week idea, as well as the modified scoring, are horrible. Nobody in my club likes it at all (in addition to so many players not being able to play). I payed good money for my clubs, I’d like to actually be able to use them. If the next clash is like this I doubt we will participate, and I’m certainly not buying extra CC passes like I normally would during a clash.

• Badger067
    25 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:23 PM

Great post. I TOTALLY agree with you. I have spent thousands on this damn game. Let me use my own equipment.

• JustinSolvent
    1,501 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:33 PM

el3n1:
    I am more impressed with someone shooting 8 under par with SOTW clubs, not really impressed by people that play round after round after round to score as many points as possible and earn as many bonus points as possible.

Agreed Ed. We have SOTW tourneys in our CC. I shot a -7 with a cheap Nike ball and -1 with a GI3-S. This difference is common for me. That should tell everyone everything they need to know about this new format.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:35 PM

craigswan:

3 rounds .

9 over .

8 over .

9 over .

putting with this putter and wgt balls is impossible .

Hate sow .

Bring back old game .

I'm not much better. I have had 1 Even par round out of 7

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2018 3:57 PM

I think you have to give them credit for trying , We have been complaining about the format for a long time ,  So they tried something new .  However the outcome will be the same ol thing .  At least they tried .

RSS