Forums

Help › Forums

advert preceding game

Wed, Mar 14 2018 3:37 PM (5 replies)
  • JKL7
    34 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2018 5:00 AM

Hi

For the last week,when I selected to play a stroke game, the course loads, then an advert window pops up, the advert window just shows a black panel, no advert plays, it says I can play game after 20 seconds, but the advert window just stays there, the longest I've put up with it is 2 hours, it doesn't go away and therefore I can't play,

I tried reloading several times and the same thing happens over and over again, the end result is, the game can't be played, I understand that adverts are revenue but it's all pointless if you can't play the game because of the adverts isn't it

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2018 7:48 AM

Simple answer install some type of adblocker. Many newer browsers have it built in and you just need to activate it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 7:43 AM

I have the ad blocks but still get the join a CC from WGT. If I want to join a CC I will, get this off my game. It is very aggravating. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 8:43 AM

renniw52:

I have the ad blocks but still get the join a CC from WGT. If I want to join a CC I will, get this off my game. It is very aggravating. 

Use this Rich ... I have not got the Join CC pop up since Scott posted this. :-)))

ScottHope:

For far too long have I been irritated by this pop up every time I open the game client. It has been posted about before by myself and others, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for WGT to add a 'Never Show Again' checkbox to give us the choice of not having to see it, but they haven't.

I have (by accident) found the file responsible for this pop up, and if you add it to your Ad Block program, you can stop it from appearing.

I made a post about adding things to AdBlock's custom filter list a while back, HERE, so hopefully you can use that to add this file (in bold below) to block the Country Club pop up.

http://media5.wgt.com/versions/*/uiassets/uix/cc/cc_interaction_configuration.json

Good luck. : )

P.S. I apologise to all the CC owners whose clubs I accidently joined due to this pop up. But it won't be happening anymore, thankfully.

EDIT : Sadly, it looks as though this file is connected with editing your equipment, as it takes a while, after clicking any of the equipment icons, for the inventory pop up to appear. The delay is only on the first instance though.

• harryskunk
    1,631 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:09 PM

thanks scott i got the adblocker works good for me

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2018 3:37 PM

Cheers Harry, glad you managed to make sense out of my ramblings.  ; )

RSS