Forums

Help › Forums

New to WGT

Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:00 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nonpds
    9 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 12:14 AM

Good morning all, just started playing and think it's a great game. I do find a couple things a bit difficult, getting credits and adding friends.

1) It seems that you really need to spend some money to buy clubs as playing, credits come slow.

2) Friends, I don't know anyone that I can send a request to, none of the guys I play real golf with lay any computer games.

Anyway, I'm glad to be as I really enjoy the game.

nonpds

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:37 AM

nonpds:

Good morning all, just started playing and think it's a great game. I do find a couple things a bit difficult, getting credits and adding friends.

1) It seems that you really need to spend some money to buy clubs as playing, credits come slow.

2) Friends, I don't know anyone that I can send a request to, none of the guys I play real golf with lay any computer games.

Anyway, I'm glad to be as I really enjoy the game.

nonpds

With an 8 year old account many will avoid you like the plague . Introduce your real friends to the game and if they sign up you will get a free ball . Since you are outside the US market earning free credits is way harder . If you plan on staying then buying your clubs is the best option . Find a country club to join and make friends there . Then you can enjoy the other game play modes . Good luck and welcome to the game .

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 9:53 AM

nonpds:
    credits come slow.

While I am far newer with only a year under my belt, I was told international players do have it harder to earn credits from the free videos on mobile platform...

That being said, we have learned even international players using an "android emulator" on a desktop computer to mimmick the mobile platform can earn those 2 credit videos that way.  You need to find one that is compatible with your PC and some members have reported needing to tweak it a little to get it to work really well, but it does work.  It may be an option if you want to grind out videos for club upgrades.  It is how I managed to build credits for my own clubs, but I did use a tablet instead of the emulator.  

Hope it helps...

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 12:04 PM

Bluestacks is a free emulator. I use it for getting info on mobile

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 3:26 PM

Hi Nonpds,

You have had a WGT account for 8 years and just now started playing?  That's strange to me. 

As for friends, go down your Country Clubs main page and invite people to be your friend.  Earning credits watching videos is what most do in the UK I believe.  That can be done on a cell phone, tablet or an emulator from what I understand. 

Good Luck and Have Fun!

• nonpds
    9 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 12:33 AM

I think my son started playing this on my PC when he lived at home. I was aware of the game but only recently had been exposed to it. 

Anyway, thank you for advice and information.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 3:39 AM

I downloaded a pool game, played it once or twice and then quit. Also have downloaded 2 poker apps, but only play one. Registering, playing once or twice, and then moving on is not unusual. What might be unusual is coming back to something at a much later date. Please don't beat someone up for doing something that you would't do.

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2018 10:22 AM

Not beating him up, just curious why it took 8 years to try out WGT. 

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2018 6:12 PM

Quickest way to find friends in your club is pull up a tournament... Green dot with a white + you can invite as many as you want as a friend.... Them accepting invite is another thing. if they are in your club they will accept. 

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2018 12:42 AM

Ladychipper:

Hi Nonpds,

You have had a WGT account for 8 years and just now started playing?  That's strange to me. 

As for friends, go down your Country Clubs main page and invite people to be your friend.  Earning credits watching videos is what most do in the UK I believe.  That can be done on a cell phone, tablet or an emulator from what I understand. 

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Not unusual in the least to have an old account and start back up again. I did the same thing after being off for several years. I just started back up around a year and a half ago and was surprised that my tier never changed.

• PAGES
RSS