skip nav

Forums

When will WGT transition away from Flash?

Wed, Aug 21 2019 2:51 PM by MoundOfSound. 35 replies.
  • HackWilson1930 United States
    1,218 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:58 AM

As I noted elsewhere, TopGolf  has not revealed what their overall plans are, but they are pouring money into new venues for their TopGolf brand.  How much they want to invest in WGT  is questionable based on the the revenue stream WGT  creates compared to TopGolf venues. Would be wonderful to compare balance sheets of the two brands, but tat won't happen.

Digg
    Delicious
  • overtheedge United States
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 10:41 AM

Ya gotta hope not for a long time but it seems like a new wave / new generation of players coming into the game. 

Mobile players. I tried this game on Mobile and I find ZERO enjoyment.

I am old school PC - 32 inch monitor type of player.

Playing this game on a monitor is much more realistic, the HD graphics are awesome, you dont have to strain your eyes to see what or where you are shooting when comparing a PC monitor to a 3 by 6 mobile smart phone that you cant even see what or where you're shooting and its just so ridiculously small. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • LEDzZzEPP Uruguay
    476 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 1:11 PM

It's pretty clear the transition of this game is already in process ... 99% of the ''development'' has been put in that funny phone version of this game

But even if this game in determined moment die (no longer able to play) .. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?, there are others games to saciate the Golf mood & play some virtual stuff

Honestly im not worries at all

Digg
    Delicious
  • DJL79 United States
    576 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 8:18 AM

overtheedge:

Ya gotta hope not for a long time but it seems like a new wave / new generation of players coming into the game. 

Playing this game on a monitor is much more realistic, the HD graphics are awesome, you dont have to strain your eyes to see what or where you are shooting when comparing a PC monitor to a 3 by 6 mobile smart phone that you cant even see what or where you're shooting and its just so ridiculously small. 

Ever hear of tablets?

Digg
    Delicious
  • BOZskills United States
    87 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 12:50 PM

+1 DJL, I play on a ten inch hd tablet. Holding the game in my hands,moving the aimer,puting the spin on and hitting the dinger,activating the meter all with my fingers touching the screen makes me feel more involved in the game,rather than just clicking a mouse. Just my opinion.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,351 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:15 PM

DJL79:

Ever hear of tablets?

Yes, we know.

Do you carry a 32 inch one?

;-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • BogeyOne United States
    1,111 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:56 PM

I use Linux on my PC and remember that it was about 18 months ago that adobe declared they no longer supported subsequent version updates for the game with that operating system. It stayed that way for sometime while many version updates came from adobe but were not available for Linux. What is notable is that the game continued to play just fine with the last and outdated version available. It is noted that adobe changed their mind about 6 months into that severance and now the latest version of adobe is supported for Linux.

I would think this will be the case for adobe in this game. For new players attempting to do the game after that, they more than likely will not be able to download the current version of adobe flash any longer but a quick internet search will reveal lots of sites that offer previous versions of adobe flash for download. For those of us currently here, the game should continue to play using the final adobe version.

I could be wrong, but don't think so. Now, back to my nap.

- -Martin

Digg
    Delicious
  • BOZskills United States
    87 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 7:41 PM

No,my thumb can't reach the dinger,

Digg
    Delicious
  • DJL79 United States
    576 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2019 4:49 PM

DoctorLarry:

DJL79:

Ever hear of tablets?

Yes, we know.

Do you carry a 32 inch one?

;-)

I know.... couldn’t resist my comment.  Though it is tough to bring that 32” screen into the bathroom, lol. 😜

Digg
    Delicious
  • fobby1980 United States
    163 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2019 12:54 PM

overtheedge:

You keep telling yourself that - whatever to soothe your ego. The truth is putting on mobile is much, much harder than PC. The loyalist brigade can make any excuses whatsoever about small screens or funny apparel or worthless coins, the fact is they cannot putt as well on mobile versus PC.  Guess what? Say bye-bye to those 54 or lower scores. 

Digg
    Delicious
RSS