skip nav

Forums

When will WGT transition away from Flash?

Wed, Aug 21 2019 2:51 PM by MoundOfSound. 35 replies.
  • baldaufg United States
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 5:21 AM

As are most people, I've been having more and more issues using flash, not just with WGT, but with any other website that uses it.  As I was researching the problem, I've learned that Google just published a report that within Chrome, Flash usage has declined from 80% usage tin 2014 to less than 8% today.  

The article went on to say that Google would stop supporting flash as of the release by 2020, and even Adobe announced last year that it would stop supporting flash by the end of 2020.  

Most systems are running on HTML5.  I'm just curious to find out when WGT plans to overhaul their system and move away from flash.

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,971 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 7:27 AM

baldaufg:

As are most people, I've been having more and more issues using flash, not just with WGT, but with any other website that uses it.  As I was researching the problem, I've learned that Google just published a report that within Chrome, Flash usage has declined from 80% usage tin 2014 to less than 8% today.  

The article went on to say that Google would stop supporting flash as of the release by 2020, and even Adobe announced last year that it would stop supporting flash by the end of 2020.  

Most systems are running on HTML5.  I'm just curious to find out when WGT plans to overhaul their system and move away from flash.

WGT is not going to respond to you so why ask ? There have been several threads on this topic over the last few years . 2020 is still a couple of years away so still plenty of time . Until then just play the game and enjoy what you have .

Im using Google to play the game and am having no issues with the game . So its something else in your computer . Try another browser Maxthon is also a good browser and many players use it as well .

Digg
    Delicious
  • baldaufg United States
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 7:40 AM

WGT may not respond, but it would be their loss because less play equals less revenue, and if I'm asking, there are plenty more people who have just stopped playing because of the issue and have moved on to other options.  

This is the only game/site I have issues with Flash on, and am tired of issues with it.  I'm not going to download another browser just to play this game.  I'll find something else.  

Digg
    Delicious
  • newcastleb United Kingdom
    1,798 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 10:44 AM

baldaufg:
    I'm not going to download another browser just to play this game.  I'll find something else.  

Bye-bye

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,971 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 3:01 PM

baldaufg:

WGT may not respond, but it would be their loss because less play equals less revenue, and if I'm asking, there are plenty more people who have just stopped playing because of the issue and have moved on to other options.  

This is the only game/site I have issues with Flash on, and am tired of issues with it.  I'm not going to download another browser just to play this game.  I'll find something else.  

WGT isnt worried about losing revenue or people leaving the game . Take you for example , you have a 10 year old account . But are only a L68 Master so you really dont play that much . 0 friends and no cc so you are making little to no contributions to their income or the game . 

If you dont want to do what it takes to play the game then so be it . Many players have down loaded other browsers and use it just to play this game . You may find something else but you wont find another golf game better than this one . Have you tried another flash version or updated flash to the current version ?

There are other things you can do to fix the problem , you just have to be willing to do them .

Digg
    Delicious
  • YankeeJim United States
    24,605 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 4:02 PM

lonniescott711:
    2020 is still a couple of years away so still plenty of time

They're only going to stop supporting it, it's not going away. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • DonCaron United States
    3,851 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 4:02 PM

baldaufg:
    I'm not going to download another browser just to play this game.  I'll find something else.

I have 4 browsers on my computer. Guess Why?

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,221 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 1:32 AM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    2020 is still a couple of years away so still plenty of time

They're only going to stop supporting it, it's not going away. 

And who knows maybe another company will buy Adobe or buy the rights to flash from Adobe and keep it going, One reason is that at this time HTML5 is not all that it is claimed to be, Just look at all the problems that mobile has with a sytem similar to HTML5. 

DonCaron:
    I have 4 browsers on my computer. Guess Why?

4 is that all? At last count I had 14. But that is because I test just about every browser there is but keep going back to an older version of Comodo Dragon. Also I use other browsers for the forums and the like. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • DonCaron United States
    3,851 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:32 AM

borntobesting:
    4 is that all? At last count I had 14. But that is because I test just about every browser there is but keep going back to an older version of Comodo Dragon. Also I use other browsers for the forums and the like. 

I play with them also, to find whats working the best in the game. I always seem to come back to Maxthon 4.4.8.1000.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Jimbog1964 Guernsey
    8,344 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 4:17 AM

Short of a second coming 2020 is the final wrap, save for a few die hards...............

Still time for a new investor for a fundamentally super game.  I just don't see anyone worth their salt thinking "spent last 12 months effin about with flash" will look good on 2021???

EDIT: Mobile wise it's not my demographic at all.  In all honesty, I just don't see that version creating waves and with current tech I can't see that changing.............Hope it stays afloat long enough for one that does though.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS