Forums

Help › Forums

L16 clubs worth it?

Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:17 PM (7 replies)
  • Anarchopunx
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 11:01 AM

I just started not too long ago and am considering buying the g25 daily deal. Is it worth it when I'm such a low level? Should I wait until a higher level to start buying equipment? If I did buy the l16 set, what level would I end up upgrading again? Thanks. 

• Next260
    2,189 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 5:55 PM

Anarchopunx:

I just started not too long ago and am considering buying the g25 daily deal. Is it worth it when I'm such a low level? Should I wait until a higher level to start buying equipment? If I did buy the l16 set, what level would I end up upgrading again? Thanks. 

I wouldn't buy anything yet, keep playing with the starter clubs until you get a better feel for the game.

When you start to get better , the first thing I would do is lose the hybrid and get a good 64 degree wedge.

but wait a while on any changes

• Anarchopunx
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:34 PM

Thanks for the info. What level do you recommend upgrading? I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseum, sorry for that. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 5:54 AM

@Anarchopunx 

Here are a couple of good threads about what clubs to buy and at what level:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/469097.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/476670/3249801.aspx

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 6:06 AM

Save your credits until you reach 'Master' tier, that's when you'll want to make changes. you've been around for a few years and haven't played much. Being just an 'Amature' tier you might buy a B-ES or a B-XD ball but no too often.

Mapp your clubs with your balls. Check out the 'Big Dogs' the clubs they're using and the balls they're hitting. At 'Master' buy a new Driver - for distance, then replace your hybird and wedges for 3 matching wedges, then a 3-Wood, followed up with a set of Irons that will take you to 'Legend' buy some slower metered balls for tourneys but practice with the Rock. Last but not least.

Have fun and make some friends along the way and just remember thi is just a game!

Good Luck

Siders Best

• Anarchopunx
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 7:28 AM

This is all really great info. Thanks so much! Also, those upgrade threads should be made into stickies for sure. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 12:58 PM

another option you could consider as some members including myself did this when they were just starting out.

if you can log on and play the mobile version on a tablet, phone or even a desktop computer using the android emulator program then you could play matches in the "coin rooms" and possibly earn enough coins to "rent the coin club set rentals".  A good set to rent for me was the set that ran around 50,000 coins but I was able to win enough coins to rent them without spending money.  

While I was doing this I continued to "watch 2 credit videos" to save up and bankroll coins to eventually buy better clubs at the upper levels which I would be able to use for awhile.

While many consider coins worthless, and they are to an extent, this is one area where I know I found value in them and they easily saved me thousands of credits on buying clubs at the lower levels that could not be used after I got promoted to the Master or Legend tees.  

If you can do this, it may just help you out as well until you can reach the better clubs in the Mid to upper 50's.  

My first driver was L55 and my 3 wd was L51 I believe.  The only clubs I got before that were reasonably priced AVG wedges in the late 30's early 40 levels.

Good luck.

• Briza838
    49 Posts
    Thu, Mar 8 2018 3:17 PM

First thing I bought was the "starter plus set" at 125 credits, and some low level wedges this improved my game a great deal.

Pair them with lvl 11 srixon balls and this set will last until master or until you're into the late 40's 

I'd go with the lol 48 r1 driver as the next upgrade.

RSS