Forums

Help › Forums

NEW COURSES

Fri, May 11 2018 8:05 PM (24 replies)
  • Naugahyde
    92 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 4:01 PM

Well, I guess I'm just not as hard to please as some people.

If you have a chance to play with thousands of different people from all over the globe, 24 hours a day, on more than a dozen different courses, FOR FREE. And yet you still can find no variety in that. Not sure why that comes into play, either.

I guess it's clear that all the folks who are bored on this site have much higher standards than I do, and I salute you all.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:51 AM

LEDzZzEPP:

Well, excuse me, but i don't see any correlation between reach champs & get able to get bored in this game (im not bored btw)

Would have ''logical way'' if champ's tiers tee off from ANOTHER tee, THATS would be ''absolute top tier'', Legend & Champ is THE SAME, just a bit more speed in green at champ, so?

If someone get bored at Legend, also go to be bored at Champ

I usually figure it this way. If I have not Mastered the course, I can't be bored with it. My clubs tournament director does a great job mixing it up and throwing wrenches into the mix.

I never get bored, since I certainly have not mastered them.

Just my take

Don

• cowboytux
    304 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 9:55 AM

I have no problem making it more of a challenge just go in to create a tourney and set up your own you can make it hard or easy and you can design you own course from all that are available you pick and choose what hole you want that give you millions of combo's tee setting from easy to hard, winds from low to heavy, greens from super slow to ultra fast. I don't think anyone in wgt has played all available combo's LOL.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Mar 7 2018 2:54 PM

jabonic:

Taz, I agree with you, but if you look over in active threads (VUSO) ---------------->

you will get your answer as there are about 5 pages of it.  No we are not getting a new course this year nor for the next couple of yrs.

Jabs

Wrong! Sure it might be a best of U.S. Open holes course but it is a new course. And no it is not a CCTH course. The full 18 hole course won't be here until May when the qualifying for the VUSO starts. And who knows we might even get new pins for the holes chosen. 

Yes I would have loved to have gotten Shinnecock Hills but I didn't see that happening. Shinnecock Hills is one of the 5 original clubs that formed the U.S.G.A and is the only one of the 5 still hosting the U.S.Open. They see themselves as even more exclusive than Augusta National. 

• HorsheinNumcok
    33 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 4:39 AM

It's not really imperative to have new courses all the time. It is having the same pin positions that induces a sense of boredom. If they could change that, it would do wonders for the game.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:38 AM

If WGT does not want to spend on Shinnecock Hills, I can live with that.  But ... we need new courses.

I played the VUSA Front 9 ... looking at the holes, I assume they don't change it ... F9 par 38 is a blast.  Another new Best of ... is OK.

But, they still need to bring back Oakmont and buy out TruGolf to make Whistler and Cabo available for free. 

That would solve my issues for a while.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2018 8:46 AM

DonCaron:
    I usually figure it this way. If I have not Mastered the course, I can't be bored with it. My clubs tournament director does a great job mixing it up and throwing wrenches into the mix.

Going easy removes fun from game.  I threw Merion into a BD club champ series.  I hate the course.  Have to play them all.  And in AS, I do random all the the time.  Only one I will cancel out on is Bandon.

Tom.

• Shunanana
    12 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2018 8:09 AM

I cant win the Daytona 500 in my Jetta, but I sure would love a Ferrari.. I see where your coming from

There could be just 1 course and unless a person could eagle..or double eagle every hole (wind permitting) they would never have them truly mastered..I am personally happy with what is here. I have enough to keep me here, but I am less interested by a bit than I was Day1..so I can someday see me losing interest if nothing new pops up. 

If you want something new, you can install Bluestacks on your comp and put WGT mobile on it to play on big screen..it has some  different things to do

• VinnyGoombotz
    324 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 8:02 AM

I have been playing long enough now to realize the same prople win the best tournements week  after week and year after year,i know it is very unfair to a have the same tees for a legend  and a champion as the champion has much more knowledge and time playing the game not to mention the best of clubs so i would think since wgt cant make a longer tee there has to be a handicap 0f some sort put this game,that would truely be a game changer as the legends  and other tiers would have a reasonable chance to win.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2018 8:30 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Time and time again I see posts like this regarding the NEED for more courses. And more often than not these posts are made from those that have not reached the Champion Tier.

I'm a Champ, play on and off, a few months here and a couple of months there, and I'd like to see more courses.

Developing a couple of the Blitz courses into full 18 hole courses would be great. so would doing a deal with Cabo and Whistler other than charging Membership fees....

My two picks: Bali Hai and Wolf Creek. Runners up: Valhalla and  Manele

RSS