Forums

Help › Forums

Trajectory vs Distance?

Tue, Mar 6 2018 11:36 AM (9 replies)
  • SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 8:09 AM

Good day everyone!

Backing to game since 2012 and hoping have time to dedicate it.

I want to upgrade my clubs, and really can't decide if have med/high trajectory with MAX Meter Iron Set (L47+) or wait 3 levels and buy 210 - 105 AVG Distance with Callaway Steelhead XR Iron Set (L52+).

I Explain: I have a 227 yd wood, gonna buy a Driver, I use 3 wedges (54,60 and 64)  until 95 yd and I will not use hybrid. So, I guess can cover that empty distance (between Wood-Iron and between Iron-Wedges) with that Callaway's.

But read in forum then High trajectory is better...

Can please somebody please give me a light with this?

Thanks in advance for help

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 8:53 AM

Non of those sets are any good, would be much better to wait for lvl 59 ping irons with high trajectory.

The higher the trajectory,  the less roll you will get after landing, especially important on elevated greens.

so lvl 59 then 75 ish then 90 then 97-100 that is the effective upgrade spot for irons

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 10:27 AM

Well, that clubs can solve 2 of 3 troubles... High trajectory and cover empty distance between Wood-Iron...

Do you guess everythig ok with a empty distance between my 95yd Wedge until 115 yd with that Irons?

Because I can buy then a TaylorMade R1 TP 9.0 White Driver (Aldila 65 shaft)(L48+) and play strokes to have Lv. 59 and buy Ping Irons...

Sounds good, right?

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2018 10:19 PM

SauloMagno:
    Do you guess everythig ok with a empty distance between my 95yd Wedge until 115 yd with that Irons?
    I guess yes, but you have to know the punch distance of the PW, and how it reacts when power is reduced to 96 yds.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 5:26 AM

Well, thats practice and practice :D

Or time to change wedges too...

Many thanks guys, I buy a Driver and wait until Ping irons. 

I read in forums we can sale unused clubs, but I dont know how or where and is better have only what is really needed.

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 12:03 PM

SauloMagno:

Well, that clubs can solve 2 of 3 troubles... High trajectory and cover empty distance between Wood-Iron...

Because I can buy then a TaylorMade R1 TP 9.0 White Driver (Aldila 65 shaft)(L48+) and play strokes to have Lv. 59 and buy Ping Irons...

Sounds good, right?

I think this is a smart strategy; get the L48 driver and the L59 irons.  I'd also suggest trying out the L55 Daytona putter to see whether it is comfortable for you.  I like it.

For a long time I had 95 yard and 115 yards wedges, and I did not find it difficult to manage that 20 yard gap between the two.  I think you will be OK there.

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Mon, Mar 5 2018 2:50 PM

SauloMagno:

I would say you are fine with that gap most of the upper wedges have a 15-20 yd gap between them, so that is in line. also a 100 yd shot with that PW (115yds) is an 87% by calculation shot, but I have found there is sort of a power curve on any iron shot below 90%. What I do is if the it comes out to be 86% power is to actually target the midpoint between my calculation and 90% so an 86% power shot I would actually hit at 88% power. I might come in a tad long sometimes but only by 1 or 2 yards.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 6:31 AM

Well, I'm really happy with new Driver. My first 2 eagles this week :D

But I have hard problems with my Wood at 195-215 yds... This confirm initial Siggy's sugestion for Irons.

So yes, seems like Wedges-Iron is not a trouble, and I'm thinking change anyway in the furute to 50-75-100 yds wedge's group and everything will be perfect.

Again, many thanks everyone for help :)

Nice Game and Have Fun!

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 11:24 AM

SauloMagno:

Well, I'm really happy with new Driver. My first 2 eagles this week :D

But I have hard problems with my Wood at 195-215 yds... This confirm initial Siggy's sugestion for Irons.

So yes, seems like Wedges-Iron is not a trouble, and I'm thinking change anyway in the furute to 50-75-100 yds wedge's group and everything will be perfect.

Again, many thanks everyone for help :)

Nice Game and Have Fun!

The TM 3W that unlocks at L30 handles the 210-215 range easily, and it's dirt cheap.  Also, it plays very similarly to the L48 TM driver, so if you hit that driver well, you should hit that 3W well also.

• SauloMagno
    57 Posts
    Tue, Mar 6 2018 11:36 AM

I guess is that I got, Taylormade R11 3W and is amazing. I guess my problem is in balls, less spin.

Because with my wood i'm always long after pick green, or have to shoot short and let ball spin to green, but no always happen, and if happen, no accuracy :(

I really hope with ping's I3 solve that problem...

RSS