Forums

Help › Forums

**VUSO 2018 and Announcement**

Fri, Jul 6 2018 4:20 PM (116 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:27 PM

In other words Top Golf only wanted the rights to the existing software/programs for their "goofie" golf establishments, and refuse to spend the money it would cost to photograph and bring "new" courses out for the so called WGT end of the business, why am I not surprised at all! LMAO

I would assume that part of the deal was that WGTMedia employee's had to be kept employed for 5yrs, so this pretty well seals the deal in my mind that we have about 2 yrs left here, then POOF!!!!!!

Thank you for confirming it though.....

OHHHH, for the record, a US Open on a "Best of course", absolutely sucks! however I commend the leftover WGT staff for attempting to make the best out of a very bad situation, but it is as major "fail"....Just bring  back Oakmont and have it there again, which is also a "fail" but not as bad!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:41 PM

This just confirms what most of us knew , the game is dead.

Topgolf never had any interest in developing this game.

They just wanted some bits of it for skytrack and such, and let the rest die

Topgolf we hear you loud and clear, you don't want this game to continue and don't want the customer to waste time or money on it.

message received.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:50 PM

fmagnets:
    A marketing-speak way of saying no new courses until a few extra holes of Bandon are added in 2020.

I could be wrong, but it looks like Bandon is a full course?  

https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/golf-courses/bandon-dunes

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this , I'm bummed out !   Its a sad day in WGT land ,  Sad indeed .

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:04 PM

It was obvious that there would be no new course for a while now, so having a VUSO at all almost feels like a positive surprise to me at this point. That probably tells you everything about the state of the game.

P.S. An official statement regarding the winners for the two grand prizes of last year's VUSO would be nice at some point :)

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:29 PM

CEverett12:

I'm sorry to hear about this , I'm bummed out !   Its a sad day in WGT land ,  Sad indeed .

I have been playing PC golf for close to 20 years now. (I LOVE GOLF)

I enjoyed Links LS best till Microsoft bought it and it died a slow death.. 

WGT is the same as all the others I have played in that I see it dying as well.,

I enjoyed playing WGT at the moment but that will change..

Seems the vision changes and the new owners never quite get it.

I am sure there is something out there in the wings waiting to take it's place in my life.

I have made an investment in several of the new games out there over the past few months, but find myself sticking to WGT for now.

one has to ask, why does anyone stay?

That is a question WGT needs to be asking if they are interested in staying relevant.

I honestly do not think they are interested.

MHO

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:31 PM

fatdan:
    we have about 2 yrs left here, then POOF!!!!!!

I honestly doubt the game will be running in Dec 2020, so less than 2 years left.

Flash is killing itself off....finally.

Top Golf is killing the PC version of this game....slowly.

There will never be even a new hole, much less a new course added. Unless it's a cartoon course for the mobile version. 

Folks can play Oakmont any time they want to play it. 

On the bright side, I enjoy the Best Of courses. And the last 3 courses WGT's added have just gotten uglier and uglier, anyway. 

Just hope the VUSO course isn't a Par 3 only. Enough of that already.

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:38 PM

I know we have all kicked the can around about do they even give a rip about he PC players anymore. And I think we all have our own answer to this, but I found this today on the TG website after seeing something aobut them pop up today durring a google search for a local driving range. I dont know why i visited the FAQ's other than to see if they even mentioned WGT. Yep they do, but only the mobile site not a word about the PC platform.

does anyone want to bet on the next course being a TG range with all the differnt games they offer?

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:47 PM

Mobile already has a Top Golf game!

DJ7

• ebankit
    150 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 7:22 PM

have to agree with the sentiments being expressed in this thread about TopGolf caring less about keeping this game viable-they took what they wanted and are probably just going to let it die-damn shame....take the money and run.   

RSS