Forums

Help › Forums

Possible change to a new country club

Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:01 AM (9 replies)
  • banana1slice
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 26 2018 12:56 PM

Any suggestions for good clubs to join? 

I have been with my current club for quite some time, however I do admit I do not get to play nearly as much as I would like to.  I may play a couple times in a week, and even a couple times a day when I have an off day to lounge around, otherwise it is really hit or miss and can go quite some time without playing.  I'm not looking for a club that "really requires" me to play a lot as I can just not commit to that.  (wish I could, but I work crazy hours and it just doesn't work for me.)  I like to play in tournaments when I have time, but more so ones that allow for reasonable time for me to make it back and play.  I like various challenges, and players who like to play for the fun and experience...the perks are just bonus.  With that said, I like a club that provides daily CC passes, and maybe some prizes with entry fees...just not outrageous.  I played a friend recently who will remain nameless, but he said in his country club, they had about 230 members of which more then half had sub 60 averages and half of that half had a sub 53 average.  This is not the type of club I'm looking for.  Looking for multi-levels of skill sets and tiers.

Unfortunately, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I looked at our clubs open forum.  Apparently our owner retired, or tried to step out of running things....like in 2014.  (Sadly, it shows how often I pay attention to those things.)  I noticed some time ago that tournaments seemed to go away, that all I ever found was club vs club clashes.  It was just time to look into what was going on with my club.... and I just read our club is basically dying out because no one is stepping up.  It is a shame, because I have enjoyed it.

So, this is my situation in a nutshell.  I definitely do not have the time to invest into running a club, or I may have looked at other options.  So if anyone has any recommendations, I'm currently looking for the right fit.

• xz05fm
    2,353 Posts
    Mon, Feb 26 2018 7:39 PM

More than happy for you to come and join us at South East Skins.  A friendly bunch who like to play for fun, enjoy each others company.  We have regular tournaments some with credit prizes and no pressure.  Sent you an invite.

Chris.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Feb 26 2018 9:40 PM
    Invitation sent. I don't, as a rule, send invitations to players who are already in a CC, but since you asked, check us out. We'd be happy to have you join us.
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 4:06 AM

You are right that the owner of your cc has abandoned it.

You have made 7 new friends since the first of the year. I am not sure how you met them or why any of their clubs did not appeal to you, but often the best way to find a club is through your friends and the people you play with. My thought would be that you start playing some random alternate shot games. This would put you into contact with 3 people every time you played. The games are relatively quick, but do give you some time to chat. Ask questions. Just putting a thread in the forum will get you a number of offers;  but all of  the offers will be cast in the best light for the club.

There are many clubs that will meet your needs. You need to find the ones with members you like playing with or against.

• Ladychipper
    22,684 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 6:36 AM

I do have a suggestion for you.  Have a look at TPC.  We have lots of different tiered players and loads of tourneys you can have fun with.  I have been in that CC for almost 5 years now and never anywhere else. Click on the link and see what you think.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/508439.aspx

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 8:59 AM

Fairway Fanatic's would suit you, We are still a new club but have grown so much. We dont have tons of champions with 55 averages, we like to build our own legends and have a dedicated team to help the lower tiers. We dont require people to play every day or play in clashes. We understand people have lives. 

We still make top 40 of the xp leaderboard and are the best ranked club for our level. We also make top 50 in clashes which is all we aim for as is doable with just free passes. 

We have plenty going on at the club, Leagues, Tours, events etc. All free to enter and loads of prizes. Plenty of casual tournaments to with prizes. We try give people enough time to play them so always 3/5/7 days per round with the odd exception. Plenty of people in the club play matches against each other.

We have a team in the world cup and have our own match play events like the ryder cup. Loads of unique ideas for tournaments. Come give us a go.

Ta Will.

• Next260
    2,194 Posts
    Tue, Feb 27 2018 5:54 PM

Come check out VALLEY of the Sun , we are an active club , with friendly members and no required play.

click the link below :

Popular Post VALLEY of the SUN C C invites

Thanks

Ron

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Feb 28 2018 9:35 PM

Any of the above clubs would be a big improvement on a club that sits in disrepair. Hope you find a good one Bslice.

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2018 9:16 PM

Good luck I would try old duffers retreat.  Good cc.

• Rick6208
    2,142 Posts
    Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:01 AM

Hello ! Your welcome to join the Toronto Leaf Fans! We’re a level 11 Club, Top 30 in both Club Clashes and Turf Wars! We have our own Members only Club Tourneys for prizes!

We have Members from all over the World and not everyone is a Hockey fan,in fact, some have only seen ice in their drinks! Lol

so come join the Toronto Leaf Fans!

RSS