Help › Forums

Scorecards...

Thu, May 9 2019 4:52 AM (68 replies)
  • Reaytj
    114 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 10:42 AM

YankeeJim:

Why are you just an amateur?

Why, because in my case its fun only. I enjoy the company of the many, many players i have met in match play/alt shot games.

I choose not to enter tourneys, ready-go's, virtual opens, and match play challenges. For me, that is a dull way to interact yet i'm continually chastised by players for those reasons.

Maybe WGT should award the points to my style of playing and promote me to a higher level for my time spent with my game choices

And lastly, I play within all rules set up by the WGT. My equipment choices do reflect what is legal to purchase

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 11:37 AM

Hmmm, so basically fun for you is avoiding any play that would affect the average whilst lying in the weeds around the AS clubhouse looking for Legends, all the while piling up level points and getting closer to the really good equipment? I guess I could see that as fun if I were to hang out in the underachiever clubhouse. Whatever works, you're not screwing anybody.

Thanks for the honest answer.  :-)

• Reaytj
    114 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 12:44 PM

YankeeJim:

" and getting closer to the really good equipment? "

Thanx for your reply....Your words are well taken.

I am a much older player with a slow reflex. I found I can play fairly well with the rapture clubs & slow meter callaway balls.

I did purchase the G10 driver & irons. I found that I cannot use them. The level62 R9 is also available (will not buy). I will always stick to my clubs that I am using now, unless a slower meter driver is ever available.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 12:59 PM

I bet you're not older than me. Anytime you fancy a ranked game just look me up. 

• Reaytj
    114 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:20 PM

piztaker:

I bet you're not older than me. Anytime you fancy a ranked game just look me up. 

??? folks like yourself still don't get it......for me, its a FUN video style game with the object (at least for me) is to interact and meet good folks around the world..

I bet if you were in my REAL golf foursome, we would find something in common to discuss and maybe have a cold one or 2. Thats what we old folks do in my retirement village here in Florida..

Good day Mate...

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 4:13 PM

Gonna try and put this thread back on the rails...

3 players......9 holes......20 birdies......sweet.

• Kalliste
    1,405 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:29 PM

does this help: from the back tee:

• ScottHope
    10,091 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2013 2:20 AM

...it does indeed Kalliste, very nice.

Here's my best ever round from just the other day. Yes I know Kiawah is easy, but I was on fire and getting an ace on No.8 was the cherry on the icing on the cake of a very good day. I guess MWALTERS9 must bring out the best in me because he was in the group in my last post!

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:13 AM

ScottHope:
    Gonna try and put this thread back on the rails...

Now that REAYTJ is a little older, and at legend.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2013 4:09 AM

2 years after the OP started this Thread.....lol

This is what I shot last week....    Usually after a good front9 (29) ... the game bites me and have a dud back9.... not this time though....lol.....   spewing though... I, two putted both the par5's....lol

-Roger

RSS