1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:04 AM

Don't worry Andy, I got it...

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 9:46 AM

andyson:

steelheel:

if a player downloads a program on his or her computer & uses it in game play .

.......so that when you draw the meter back to hit the ball it shows you the exact distance where the meter is at ......there is no guessing as to what distance the meter is really at ..........not all players have the knowledge how get that program .  will you please let me know if this is a competitive advantage or not. 

If a player is younger than me and has faster reflexes........so that they are able to hit the dinger more often.......there is much less error in their shots..............no senior players have the ability to turn back the clock and get the faster reflexes.  this is a competitive advantage and I want it stopped right now!

thank you                andyson

what he said :)

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 11:06 AM

benjawood:

steelheel:
    ...stack of books in front of your computer.

Can't quite get my head round this being an advantage... I probably don't have the right books.

Books to smash over your head when you do something stupid. It's a HUGE advantage.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 1:48 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    By degree, I lowered my goodly stack (I'm talking of books now SM- I know what you're thinking) and revealed more and more of the screen.

I just spit coffee through my nose, Thank you Lizzie!

LizzieRossetti:
    Don't worry Andy, I got it...

Of course you did,  you are brighter than a Super Nova!

Nicholas99:
    your kidding right,  

Yes, I was kidding.   Google the word parody.  And while you're at it, take this quiz.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:08 PM

steelheel:

using a program that changes the internal workings of the wgt meter to either show you the exact distances you are at when you draw back the meter  or to hit the the line on your down swing every time perfectly ,    ( as i have heard there are programs that do that as well )   is  not fair nor can you compare that to putting a outside stimulus ( card with marks on it ) on your monitor. cards and books  in front of the monitor do not change the internal workings of the game , all they do is give you a visual reference as to where you want to stop the meter at or how far back to go. as well the cards are made by yourself and are not   as accurate as changing a game program with another program.its like comparing                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           APPLES    to   ORANGES

steelheel

You are presuming, without proof, that an overlay of a picture on the meter is different from a piece of a lined cardboard stuck to your monitor because you think the picture overlay, rather than the physical one, alters the workings of the meter.

I have never mentioned programs that help hit the ding in my soliloquy (I see you like big words ;)) as I agree that that is truly outrageous.

May not be apples and oranges, but it sounds like a summary trial to me.

If this person was shooting, say, 45's at congressional and he was flat out kicking bollox's, and the best in the game's, behinds then one should worry. However, I would worry about improving my game, if possible, and disregard other players' behaviours and ethics.

Regards

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:15 PM

Nicholas99:
    your kidding right,  

As in your kidding right and serious left? A man of two halves.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:15 PM

andyson:
    Yes, I was kidding.   Google the word parody.  And while you're at it, take this quiz.

Andy, you are too funny, dude. ROFLMAO !!!   I TOO, GOT IT...IMMEDIATELY.

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədiː/; also called send-up or spoof), in contemporary usage, is a work created to mock, comment on, or poke fun at an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation.

And, Lizzie - as usual: BRILLIANT !!!

Maybe a little artwork from now on to explain, in pictures, what you are Joking about, Andy, may aide the less scholarly members of our group....ROFLMSAO !!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:17 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    In most male cases I suspect this would include various manuals, maps, and books on the female psyche.

ROFLLMAO    A zinger!!   :-D

(I thought Andy was serious.)

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 2:57 PM

LizzieRossetti:
    By degree, I lowered my goodly stack (I'm talking of books now SM- I know what you're thinking)

Who me ?

SM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 7:31 AM

I still don't see why there is a fuss about a program that over lays hash marks on the meter is an issue for some, and no one complains about putting up a sticky note with the same/similar marks on their monitors.

RSS