Help › Forums

downloads that change how your swing meter works

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 22 2011 9:11 AM (21 replies)
  • steelheel
    143 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 2:19 PM

hello alex

if a player downloads a program on his or her computer & uses it in game play .

and the program changes the swing meter  so that when you draw the meter back to hit the ball it shows you the exact distance where the meter is at , would that not be deemed 

to have ALTERED GAME PLAY?    there is no guessing as to what distance the meter is really at . many players use  stacked books or cardboard cutouts to tape to their computer screen and help with percentages , but all players have that option, not all players have the knowledge how get that program .  will you please let me know if this is a competitive advantage or not.  

thank you.              steelheel

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:11 PM

steelheel:

hello alex

and the program changes the swing meter  so that when you draw the meter back to hit the ball it shows you the exact distance where the meter is at , would that not be deemed 

to have ALTERED GAME PLAY?    there is no guessing as to what distance the meter is really at . many players use  stacked books or cardboard cutouts to tape to their computer screen and help with percentages , but all players have that option, not all players have the knowledge how get that program .  will you please let me know if this is a competitive advantage or not.  

if you are in any way modifying the meter performance, it is considered breaking the rules

-wgticon

• steelheel
    143 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 6:20 PM

thank you wgticon.  that is exactly what i told the person using it. he thinks it no different than using a card you tape to your screen or stack of books in front of your computer. 

thanks again                             steelheel

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 7:37 PM

steelheel:

hello alex

Unless he is using a program to slow the meter I don't consider that unethical, I bet if you asked alot of the top players here if they use a piece of tape or some other device to work out the yardages they would say yes they use them.

I think I know the d/load you are talking about wgt caddy and it is good with putter but not so good with the  irons and woods

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 8:02 PM

WGTicon:

steelheel:

hello alex

if you are in any way modifying the meter performance, it is considered breaking the rules

-wgticon

Hi Icon

I am not sure using an electronic device that shows a rough estimate of the yardage is akin to modifying meter performance, besides there are some players using rulers made from programs such as paint etc.

I think I better clarify I don't use anything - just in case - and it shows in my scores... ;^)

• steelheel
    143 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 6:09 AM

using a program that changes the internal workings of the wgt meter to either show you the exact distances you are at when you draw back the meter  or to hit the the line on your down swing every time perfectly ,    ( as i have heard there are programs that do that as well )   is  not fair nor can you compare that to putting a outside stimulus ( card with marks on it ) on your monitor. cards and books  in front of the monitor do not change the internal workings of the game , all they do is give you a visual reference as to where you want to stop the meter at or how far back to go. as well the cards are made by yourself and are not   as accurate as changing a game program with another program.its like comparing                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           APPLES    to   ORANGES

steelheel

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 7:21 AM

steelheel:

.......so that when you draw the meter back to hit the ball it shows you the exact distance where the meter is at ......there is no guessing as to what distance the meter is really at ..........not all players have the knowledge how get that program .  will you please let me know if this is a competitive advantage or not. 

If a player is younger than me and has faster reflexes........so that they are able to hit the dinger more often.......there is much less error in their shots..............no senior players have the ability to turn back the clock and get the faster reflexes.  this is a competitive advantage and I want it stopped right now!

thank you                andyson

• benjawood
    447 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 7:40 AM

steelheel:
    ...stack of books in front of your computer.

Can't quite get my head round this being an advantage... I probably don't have the right books.

• Nicholas99
    429 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 7:54 AM

andyson:

steelheel:

.......so that when you draw the meter back to hit the ball it shows you the exact distance where the meter is at ......there is no guessing as to what distance the meter is really at ..........not all players have the knowledge how get that program .  will you please let me know if this is a competitive advantage or not. 

If a player is younger than me and has faster reflexes........so that they are able to hit the dinger more often.......there is much less error in their shots..............no senior players have the ability to turn back the clock and get the faster reflexes.  this is a competitive advantage and I want it stopped right now!

thank you                andyson

your kidding right, your complaining because u think some kid has better reflexes, wow your low.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jun 21 2011 8:01 AM

In England we turn the clocks back twice a year Andy, come stay a while and see if things don't improve. Since Lambert got himself cornered by the dog on the yacht I have been thinking of a temporary replacement since his varicose is troubling him greatly on account of unbridled blood flow. Also I think Cook would relish a new challenger.

With regard to a pile of books assisting ones swing, I have actually trialled this since reading of it here in this thread.

I started by piling some goodly novels in front of the screen so as to completely obsure my view, and then taking my shot by the much vaunted "feel" alone. This wasn't what even the most optimistic would call a success and so I decided there must be more to the theory of which I was not currently privvy. By degree, I lowered my goodly stack (I'm talking of books now SM- I know what you're thinking) and revealed more and more of the screen. I came to the point where I could finally see the meter bar and called a halt there being as how I still by definition had to have a pile of books in order to take advantage of this particular aid idea. I found to my surprise that by following the power bar on the meter as it travelled with inexorability back toward the ding line, if I timed it just so, I could achieve a ding. I therefore submit that by stacking a pile of books judisciously below your line of sight, you too will be able at times to do the same.

There is a flaw however, at least in my own case, and that is that with such a pile of interest before my eyes I can rarely keep my attention on the ding line rather than perusing the books themselves. I would suggest that because of this, anyone who tries this method should choose books of a genre that has no interest whatever. In most male cases I suspect this would include various manuals, maps, and books on the female psyche. In my case I am actively seeking such books as declare themselves helpful in the way of immediate prose and brevity...

Lizzie xx

RSS