Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with mrcaddie IRL- Spring 2018

Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:24 PM (120 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 7:15 AM

Sorry to hear that Opy, I too was really lookin' forward to meetin' the man behind the myth.

As far as the rest goes, I'm still on track fer an overnight on the 26th w/ dinner/drinks. Hope to see you there.

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2018 7:39 AM

drmoose:
    As far as the rest goes, I'm still on track fer an overnight on the 26th w/ dinner/drinks. Hope to see you there.

We gotta find a 19th hole to wait for them at, bet there's a moose lodge close. LOL   MC has my cell #. :-)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Apr 17 2018 2:55 PM

Doc ,,  Your Prize for the 9th year bash is in the mail , I hope you get to show it off to the guy,s .  

OPY 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2018 4:14 AM

I'm guessin' you're about two days out, UPS to me, so I should have it in plenty of time. Muchas gracias, mi amigo .

Update:

Prize received, an' can't say I've ever seen one, tho I'm no expert on RL golf equipment. Fellers, it looks like i'll be totin' a rare vintage "Elco Minimizer" to the meet an' greet for show & tell. While I don't hardly ever play RL golf, I have been known to play a mean game of mini golf, an' can't wait to try this bad boy out. Looks like it was hand crafted by aliens, perfect !!!!!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2018 6:19 PM

You have something  , something that I hope will be passed on when the time is right .  

This " Club "  has  / is  Special ! 

Off ding it has just like this game ifin you know what it has to offer .

Look out side the box and you will find more here in WGT land !

My hope for this " Club "  is to be in the hand,s touched from players like Andyson.

Few and far we are from once was .

OPY 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2018 7:26 PM

drmoose:
    Prize received, an' can't say I've ever seen one, tho I'm no expert on RL golf equipment. Fellers, it looks like i'll be totin' a rare vintage "Elco Minimizer" to the meet an' greet for show & tell. While I don't hardly ever play RL golf, I have been known to play a mean game of mini golf, an' can't wait to try this bad boy out. Looks like it was hand crafted by aliens, perfect !!!!!

LMAO! Good one Opy. Can't wait to see it Doc, you definitely have to bring it with you.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2018 5:35 PM

sounds like a nice little break lets hope that weather warms up for you,will you be posting pics like last year

cheers       mark.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2018 7:59 PM

thegoosebag:
    lets hope that weather warms up for you,will you be posting pics like last year

Hey Mark,

About five days from now my good friend eingmund and I will be joined by lvietri and his friend David, as well as Twinponds169 and his friend Bruce to tee it up at Leatherstocking Golf Course. Neither the weather nor the course conditions seem to be ideal as of this writing, but that's OK...it'll be fun getting together with old friends and meeting new ones and seeing what unfolds.

After we get our round in at Leatherstocking, the six of us will be joined by drmoose and Yankeejim for dinner and drinks...and I'm not kidding when I say I'm really looking forward that.

I have lots of surprises and giveaways planned for our dinner this year... and like last year from Bethpage, I'll be giving away some swag from our adventure this year to a random player or two who responds to this thread.

As far as pictures go...I promise I'll take a lot more pictures this year than I did last year.

I'll try to update this post before we leave, but if I can't, look for a full write-up on April 28th.

MC

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 12:32 AM
    My wife is heading to work with the Houston Astros for 6 days beginning on Thursday, the day of your Leatherstocking outing. My birthday is April 29th so I figured I’d treat myself and possibly join you guys, but getting to Oneanta, NY from Atlanta, GA isn’t exactly an easy commute. I’m guessing flying into Syracuse is best with Albany being the next best alternative? Yep...a perfect while the cat’s away the mice will play opportunity.
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2018 10:21 AM

pmm711:
    My wife is heading to work with the Houston Astros for 6 days beginning on Thursday, the day of your Leatherstocking outing. My birthday is April 29th so I figured I’d treat myself and possibly join you guys, but getting to Oneanta, NY from Atlanta, GA isn’t exactly an easy commute. I’m guessing flying into Syracuse is best with Albany being the next best alternative? Yep...a perfect while the cat’s away the mice will play opportunity.

Hey Paul, before you commit, I want to make sure you read to part about us not being scratch golfers...OK?

Keep us posted.

RSS