Help › Forums

I'm desperate at some point

Wed, Feb 14 2018 1:56 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Zetze
    29 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:45 AM

I just do not understand...

Some time ago I was reliably told how to calculate the strike of the tie at 189y 49ft down. But now the calculation works (ignore the wind) and sometimes not. The same goes for the hit of the Tie with 107y 28 down. With both holes and others, it's almost a coincidence if you're right with addition or sub-ranking.
    Is not there always a correct calculation here? Why subtract at the same hole or add times?
    Please save my nike balls. :-)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 10:45 AM

Zetze:
    (ignore the wind)

You can't do this, it makes all the difference in the world.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 10:51 AM

Jim is right, and on big elevation changes, all the more so.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 11:14 AM

I think he’s asking what calculation to use.  I’m not an expert here...I take a calculated guess in my mind and merely grip it and rip it.  Someone for sure can shed some degree of the calculation with him, eh?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 11:22 AM

Zetze:

Please save my nike balls. :-)

This has nothing to do with your question but why are you playing those balls?  They're nearly 3 times the price of L33 Callaway and, to be brutally honest, you won't play any better with them.  Especially with that starter wedge in your bag.

Switch to a cheaper ball and use some of those saved credits to get better gear.  Balls wear out fast but good clubs will last you a long time. 

You're also still learning the finer points of the game, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to do that with lower priced balls.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:34 PM

+100 MM!

Hint: Tour-SDs or Srixons might be perfect for the job (now)! L33 Callies for more comfort and bragging rights!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 2:27 PM

pmm711:
    I think he’s asking what calculation to use.

He said he had a good one but it got inconsistent on him. If he's ignoring the wind like he says, nothing anybody can give him will do him any good.

Maybe alosso could talk to him in their native tongue.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 6:19 PM

Elevation formula is .

3 Feet in elevation = 1 yard in distance.

So 15 feet in elevation =  5 yards In distance 

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 6:23 PM

Hi Alster friend :)

Sometimes even the slightest difference in ball spin can add or remove quite some yards on a shot like that, with big elevation difference. 

My tip is to play that hole on a practice round, and make the shot without spin several times, taking mulligans after each shot.

When you feel you get a pretty consistent result, try the shot again with some backspin, also taking mulligans and then use different amounts of spin to see how it affects the ball path.

Viel gluck Zetze, CYA around! 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:02 AM

YankeeJim:
    Maybe alosso could talk to him in their native tongue.

Na klar, wenn's noch Fragen gibt!

• PAGES
RSS