Help › Forums

back spin on iPad?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:53 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheWhiteBuffalo
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 1:33 PM

Is it possible to apply backspin using an iPad?  

I see clubs all list spin on their stat sheets, and I hear people talking about applying backspin.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 7:10 PM

Yes. in the lower right hand part of the screen it will show you the ball. On the ball is a red dot (I think). just hold your finger in the dot and take it all the way to the bottom of the ball. Foe less spin move the dot all the way to the top of the ball.

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 8:14 PM

TheWhiteBuffalo:

Is it possible to apply backspin using an iPad?  

I see clubs all list spin on their stat sheets, and I hear people talking about applying backspin.

When you are about to make a shot, press the ball in the lower right corner, and move the green marker on the ball down for backspin, and up for topspin.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 8:18 PM

Yes. Just click on the ball and move the green dot to the bottom of the ball (for full backspin). 

• TheWhiteBuffalo
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 9:37 PM

Thank you. I feel like an idiot for not noticing that green dot by now.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 6:19 AM

No disrespect, but the only club the OP has in his bag is a 64 degree ATV and he's hitting starter balls. I'm not knocking the wedge, but he needs to invest in better balls and at least another wedge to compliment his 64 degree.

With balls that spin even even if they are BES he'll have a chance of seeing some backspin.

Siders Best

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 6:46 AM

advising a L39 pro they have to upgrade more clubs sounds like a "marketing" ploy for WGT.  they should delay club purchases until they learn how to use the starter clubs well and the diffierent shot types needed or available.  buying clubs that would need replaced in a relatively short time frame is wasting credits.

also, unless you are familiar with the mobile platform, if this player is using the "sponsor apparel equipment boosts" their "starter clubs" may perform much better than the normal...distances and spin factors are increased by the apparel they choose for coin matches and the like.  

they could actually enjoy playing without upgrading equipment and if they did, they could also "rent an entire set using coins" which further delays the necessity of buying clubs that will have to be replaced.  I saved thousands of credits doing this and my first driver was at L55, my first 3wd L51, my first set of irons L59.  

the only thing I purchased before that was the bargain price AVG wedges and he is doing that.  I think he will be fine.  "the only mistake" was possibly buying a driver and hybrid so early...he could have purchased a good 3 wd to replace his driver and 3 wd that would also be useable for quite awhile.  and the "apparel boosts" would have increased his other gear enough to help delay the other upgrades.  

the only reason to "spend more credits than necessary" is if you want to give them to WGT, but you can learn to play course management with the starter clubs especially with the mobile options now available, which he is clearly playing on!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 7:32 AM

el3n1:
    advising a L39 pro they have to upgrade more clubs sounds like a "marketing" ploy for WGT.  they should delay club purchases until they learn how to use the starter clubs well and the diffierent shot types needed or available

39 levels of golf is way more than enough to put up with the starter garbage. There's no way to learn how to control the ball with them. There are suitable wedges and balls by level 39 to take one a long way. At least learn with equipment that does something.

The only thing you learn from using starters is course management (and how to swear) and that is huge but changes dramatically as the equipment improves.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:06 AM

Jim, have you tried playing the coin upgrade clubs or playing starter equipment with the circus apparel equipment boosts... you can easily save thousands of credits by delaying some purchases until there are better clubs that will last you much longer.  You are wasting credits on very short term use of the lower level clubs...the AVG wedges are possibly the earliest exception to that since they could still be played into the highest tiers but nearly any other club from driver to irons will likely be upgraded multiple times.  If you can reduce that number of upgrades you can save a lot of credits and this game is expensive enough as it is...you only have to review a few forum threads to hear/read about such complaints...doing a little research saves you time and credits that is my point...if you choose to spend credits at every whim then that is their choice but you can play longer especially on mobile without upgrading clubs so early...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:14 AM

el3n1:
    Jim, have you tried playing the coin upgrade clubs or playing starter equipment with the circus apparel equipment boosts

Stop right there, I think we're on different pages. You obviously know about apparel and mobile stuff while I was applying PC thinking. I used a driver and 4 wedges to get to Legend myself but that was the PC version. IDK if you can get away with that on the mobile game, though. The shot-altering clothes apparently makes a difference, IDK.

• PAGES
RSS