Forums

Help › Forums

Lost Balls - Water / OB

Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:25 AM (44 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 3:28 AM

The naked truth is: WGT is a greedy bunch and we are their money pigs.

They dont care and will not change nothing. Our lost balls are their cash.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:27 AM

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:31 AM

FTFY:

ostfriedel:
    WGT is a greedy bunch and I am their happy money pig.

Nichts für ungut!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:10 AM

TopShelf2010:

el3n1:
    Glad I gave you a chuckle, maybe that is worth the lost ball...humor is still valuable and laughter is good medicine!

My turn to contribute to the laughter.

942 Lost Balls In The Drink

I should have set my profile name to TheRealWaterboy

Don

Lol, I lost 3 balls on the same hole BO3's #13 in the last clash. My numbers were correct, but it kept going 10 yards past into brush behind the hole.

Don being Don and as stubborn as I am, I said this is going to work.

Lol, It didn't

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:31 AM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 7:37 AM

TopShelf2010:

My turn to contribute to the laughter.

942 Lost Balls In The Drink

I should have set my profile name to TheRealWaterboy

Don

Won't try to challenge or compete with that one...doesn't mean WGT won't try to help me!

Hope they are unlimited or low credit balls!!!

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 7:40 AM
    Is this post about Lost Balls or is this a brused ego thing? Does art imitate life or does life imitate art? I saw a movie once where the actor - playing a Pro Golfer because he had made a particular shot many times before used up all the balls he had in his bag to make that shot, with the danger of loosing the tourament, he took that last shot. I think we all seen the movie "Tin Cup". Sometime we loose our balls and sometimes we think about what our best interest is. Smart choice is the latter. I can honestly say more times than not "I lost my balls" if life was perfect, S**t wouldn't happen, but it does on a regular bais, if not we all would be constipated. Laugh, joke, have fun, it's just a game. Siders Best
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 8:18 AM

If Tin Cup had opted to "lay up" with a 3 iron into the wind to avoid the water, and the golfing gods had turned his 3 iron into a 250 yards flight into the wind rather than a 220y lay up shot, I feel you make a good point.  But Tin Cup didn't opt to lay up he went for it!  

In the scenario I described, I played what I believe was a safe shot and WGT dictated otherwise.  That is the type of thing that make it unrealistic and not anything like real life.  Not even in real golf am I likely to hit my 3  wd further than my driver into a wind unless I mishit one and not the other.  My 3 wd isn't going to miraculously go 30yards longer unless it is downhill down wind and I hit it flush.  In real life, I can recall only one time I hit a 3 wd upwards of 280y on firm Arizona fairway and a helping breeze and the ball caught a down slope.  

In the WGT scenario, I was hitting uphill into a wind and took off power to dial it back and play safe.  I didn't go for it!  If I had taken driver with a down hill wind and forward tee and couldn't clear the water then it is on me, I agree but that wasn't the case.  I detest losing balls so I nearly always play the safe shot.  The only exception would possibly come if I didn't care about the score and I had already nearly maximized hits on the ball and I was playing an AS game and our opponent was already on the green.  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 9:10 AM

But here's the thing: every time I felt that "the game" had cause me to lose a ball, I contacted WGT. In eacg instance, they replaced the ball. Now, granted, it's been fewer than a handful of times that I contacted them. And every time it was an "out of bounds" situation. 

But if they're so greedy, why didn't they simply respond with a version of, "Oh, well. Stinks to be you!"

Regardless, the number of balls I've lost because of the game (in my mind) rather than due to my own carelessness or abilities is probably fewer than 10. I've earned that amount of credits (hundreds of times over) because of surveys, videos, and offers. 

Again (and this to no one in particular), if they're so greedy, why do they provide a way for players to earn free credits? Besides....

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 14 2018 9:50 AM

I have heard that as well Robert.  Unfortunately I failed to save a replay to send them. 

If it occurs on mobile I no longer believe you can save a replay and it has happened on there multiple times during coin matches where the penalty can also cost you a loss of "worthless" coins.  They have not replaced balls for me as they have for you despite reporting it to them. 

The only time they "replaced" balls was when the purchase balls while playing was causing a glitch and they did not issue all three balls.  In that case they did in fact follow through and honor the original purchase and "replace or rather issue" the full order.  

When they do not respond to your report of a lost ball, it can "feel like they are saying...oh well, it stinks to be you."  And I have made reports that have gone unanswered!  But they are likely minimally staffed and find it challenging to address every report sent in.  

It may be a documented account or video replay has to be made available to them to honor the request so they know players are not just trying to exploit them as well.  Something I can imagine happening, because some people can also be greedy!

As for offering credits through videos, it is obviously an additional revenue stream for them...even though you feel like you are doing something for free they are generating revenue for every video watched by you and me, and everyone else.  They are not allowing us to earn them without an incentive for themselves as well!

As for greed...well that is a much bigger issue and topic with a variety of layers beyond a simple statement...and didn't the fictional character face criminal charges for insider trading? 

I should add, WGT does offer free entry tournaments on a weekly and monthly basis where we can "earn" credits without watching videos or doing surveys.  These of course can be very competitive and often can be seen to be dominated by some players.  And, some of those players have also been reported as likely "cheating" or "restarting" and playing below their appropriate tier so as to "clean up credits" in a "softer" field.  So, there can be a broad sprectrum of issues or problems that also fall on members who play WGT and undermine the integrity of the game that sour the experience for others not just those aspects that may leave us discouraged by how WGT handles some things.

WGT like people is not infallible.  I try to believe they are doing the best they can to offer something that generates a livelihood for some while providing a service many seem to enjoy playing overall...it is just sometimes those lines are blurred for various reasons.

RSS