Forums

Help › Forums

Lvl 36 Pro - Sell "bad" clubs & buy good Wedges?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:30 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Fri, Feb 9 2018 12:52 PM

alosso:

flatstick96:
    Back when I was at that level I bought the 75 and 95 yard Gorge, and paired them with the 50 yard ATV.  Recently replaced the two gorge wedges with the mid-level Mack Daddy's, but still have the 50 yard ATV in my bag. 
    Thanks for the insight!

50 / 75 yds is a good combo. The 95 comes into play only below a custom iron set, and at that time a better wedge may be available.

Thus, you may save 300 cr on an intermediate wedge - not too much I think!

Yeah, at the time I bought the 95 because I knew the PW in the L59 ping set was 115.  Thought the 95 would give me better coverage, being exactly halfway between the 75 club and the 115 club.  But of course everyone's experience is a little different.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Feb 9 2018 1:00 PM

In that situation, a good choice!

I still have that 50 yds wedge, too. I only replaced the 77 + 100 yds ATVs (Z Satin TBH) with better wedges later, and they make a difference!

• TheWhiteBuffalo
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 1:19 AM

One more comment.

Starter LW = 50yr, high trajectory, 0.5 precision, 4.5 meter speed.

TM ATV 64 degree = 50yr, medium trajectory, 3.5 precision, 3.0 meter speed.

To be honest, looking at the stats alone, I don't see the difference.  Is precision a huge deal?  I seem to do ok with my starter issued wedges.  I'm normally just playing the ready-play, coin entry, 3-hole & 1-hole head-to-head games with sponsored attire.

I have a 235yr driver and have difficulty reaching some par 4s in 2.  I see the TM R11 3-wood for 395 credits, hitting 227 years and my mouth waters.

It will take me a long time to get another 500 credits, is the "better" wedge that much better then then reaching the green in par?

This will be my last response before pulling the trigger.  Now that I have the "money" I want to make sure I won't regret. 

• TheWhiteBuffalo
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2018 1:03 PM

ok... pulled the trigger and purchased the 50 ATV for 495.  9 credits left :-(  ...now to see what all you people have been talking about with upgraded wedges

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 11:28 AM

I think you posted in another thread and I mention it there, but if you want to save some credits while playing on mobile coin games, grind your winnings up to where you can rent the coin set rental for 50,000 coins.  

It would give you a reasonable set of clubs until you reach the higher levels where some of the better drivers and irons can be obtained.  You can swap out the wedges with your newly purchased AVG wedge and possibly other clubs you already have.

Also remember since you are playing mobile, while playing mobile you benefit from the sponsor boosting apparel that can "upgrade" your lower end clubs.  These will buy you some time to mindlessly click through videos to save up for the better clubs while doing something else.  

You clubs of course will play slightly different if you later enter a ranked round tournament where you no longer get the sponsor upgrades but if you are focusing on just enjoying a few coin games this can help defer or offset the cost for a little while.  I did this for a few weeks and other than the AVG wedges around L39, my first club purchases wasn't until L51!  

And while L51 sounds like a long ways off it is only around 33,000 XP which is very little compared to trying to level up just one level in the upper 90's which will take upwards of 250,000 XP to move up one level!  This is why club purchases at the lower levels don't last as long as they do at the upper levels and higher tiers.    Your CC may also use the custom courses to earn extra XP''s as many do.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:30 PM

TheWhiteBuffalo:
    Starter LW = 50yr, high trajectory, 0.5 precision, 4.5 meter speed.

TM ATV 64 degree = 50yr, medium trajectory, 3.5 precision, 3.0 meter speed.

The Starter wedges are the worst clubs in that set, IMHO! The trajectory is fake (meter speed may be), you have no serious shots except for full and punch!

Test the ATV with a tad of backspin from FW, or generally from bunkers, or with any flop shot (aim well left!) - it's a beauty and a bargain of a club! (You got one, get the next one, too!)

Can't tell if that would make a diffence in mobile games though.

OTOH...

Some Par4s are hidden Par5s here, but as a Pro, you still have a privilege of being close!

That 3WD might be an intermediate budget solution for you - a strong club with unique double usage from tee and FW - I used one as driver, successfully, until I became a Master ;)

• PAGES
RSS