Forums

Help › Forums

Ok WGT

Tue, Dec 20 2022 10:10 PM (89 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 9:14 AM

Miantiao:
    In practice mode you cant attempt to play the same shot in the same conditions from the same place. However, if you could and did everything exactly the same the outcome discrepancies would indeed be negligible for a player using the top equipment, and would be determined mostly by small differences in aiming point.

Not only have you ignored the data provided, you have not replicated the example yourself. But, given your obvious biases, I don't think your outcomes unless shown with a recorded video could be trusted. I did not try to manipulate any of the data points provided.  I only regret I don't have a recording device and way to plot each shot taken to show the dispersion of those shots which you claim should all be within a 2 foot circle.  Just plain WRONG!

The shots made and the variation of those shots disprove exactly the claims you are making!  The flag (aimpoint was never changed) and ONLY dinged shots were used with the HIGHEST available wedge on WGT for 100y.  

It saddens me that you are incapable of  or unwilling to acknowledge the proof and documentation provided.  You simply choose to ignore anything that discredits your own claims.  While I don't have ALL of the answers, I am open to learning and embracing new ideas, views, and information that could help me... Unfortunately you have not provided any new ideas, views, or information that can help so I am tired of trying to offer you more insight into this matter.  Best wishes with your delusions and sorry I am not as tactful as Sean in his response.  I just find it too offensive that you ignore documented facts!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:12 AM

This is  interesting, a while back, I studied an  illustration about precision of clubs, which was nicely provided by someone. According to the facts that were provided, every shot can be hit exactly the same, and the outcome vary as much as 8 to 10 feet.  (Depending on how your equipment is rated) facts presented in that illustration are identical to my statics on my approach shots. My average distance to the pin is between 11 and 12 feet. (very close to yours) and yet I cannot hit my shots to within 2 feet of each other. Seeing as how I also use the best equipment available on here, I would think that it would have been closer than what it is.  Even with the 96 Nike balls, my shots vary, so I'm trying different balls, and can't really see the differences in my scoring. But, there appears to by no variance in the facts presented in that illustration, even with the different ball usage.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:35 AM

Luckystar5...it looks like we carry nearly identical clubs (apart from 2) but play different balls.  I am still trying to find the "ideal" combination.  I have been advised that any ball you play as long as you know it very well can generally be played.  It looks like you are doing quite well with the Cally ball.  I am trying to find the most playable ball at the best value without needing to spend 700 credits for a sleeve.  That adds up fast unless I can get good enough and consistent enough to win credits regularly in ready go's.  So far I have done okay without mapping my clubs but that will likely be the next step.  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 10:36 AM

To all:

As the Great Communicator reminded us: Facts are stupid things. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:06 AM

el3n1:

Luckystar5...it looks like we carry nearly identical clubs (apart from 2) but play different balls.  I am still trying to find the "ideal" combination.  I have been advised that any ball you play as long as you know it very well can generally be played.  It looks like you are doing quite well with the Cally ball.  I am trying to find the most playable ball at the best value without needing to spend 700 credits for a sleeve.  That adds up fast unless I can get good enough and consistent enough to win credits regularly in ready go's.  So far I have done okay without mapping my clubs but that will likely be the next step.  

I was using the Nike 90s, the went to the 96s, but as you say, 800 credits a sleeve, ouch.  I too started searching for cheaper, the callis at 625 are to my liking thus far.  Old age and failing eyesight and reaction time don't really allow me to go with anything faster than a 4 on the meter speed. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:09 AM

Robert1893:

To all:

Maybe true, but right on the money as far as my game is concerned, those facts are solidly true. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:21 AM

Luckystar5:

Robert1893:

To all:

Maybe true, but right on the money as far as my game is concerned, those facts are solidly true. 

sorry for the font size I just copied and pasted this...but possibly another example of how statements can be taken out of context or even used when someone inadvertently misspoke.  He may have even corrected himself but only the first part of the phrase is highlighted.  

By Timothy Noah. Facts are stupid things, President Ronald Reagan said in a famous self-parodying moment. (He'd meant to say facts are stubborn things.) At the time, a common criticism of the Reagan presidency was that the Gipper tended to ignore facts and act instead according to the dictates of ideology.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 12:08 PM

el3n1:

I am not so tech savvy that I could have plotted each of these shots on the green to show the variation and deviation of each, but these are 10 dinged shots under the same conditions on Kiawah Hole 1 with a  very low 1-3mph wind, which is in effect irrelevant.

I used the standard rock ball because I am not wasting hits on a good ball for this and I just hit as many times as needed to get 10 dinged shots with my best quality wedge which has the highest degree of precision and forgiveness I could buy -  the 100y Mack Daddy.

distance - roll - and proximity to hole in feet.  the locations around the hole would have looked like a piece of swiss cheese in various locations.  a couple were very close to one another but over all I would say  maybe within a 3 yard or 10 foot circle not 1 -2 feet!  The only way I could use a 1-2 foot circle would require me to exclude dinged shots that fell outside of that but some shots were pretty close to the other ones.  However the dispersion overall is much greater than 1- 2 feet.

98 - 1 - 5 feet

99 - 1 - 3.3 right

99 - 1 - 4.4 short right

100 - 1 - 3.3 

100 - 1 - 3.6 short right

100 - 1 - 2.6 opposite side left of hole

98 -1 - 7.6 short right

100 - 1 - 3.2 long

99 -1 -  2.9 right

100 -1 - 3.3 right

some of my miss-dings came just as close as my dinged shots...regardless there is far more than a 1 - 2 foot of variation between all of these dinged shots under the exact same conditions.  

according to your theory, it is impossible for these balls to be "dispersed" as widely as they are with one shot even going left of the flag making it 3-4 yards further than the shots that predominantly went right of the flag!

I would be comfortable with a dispersion of all shots within 10 feet of one another and probably half of them within 5 feet of one another but no where near a 1 -2 foot variation.

Since you are a champion tier player you can do your own test and see how it compares.  I only recorded dinged shots with a standard unlimited play ball and the wind conditions could not have been much better for testing. 

I set myself up for a 100y approach with my 100y Wedge so I could use the flag as a way to provide a reference for each shot.  

1. You couldn't have possible hit from the exact same spot each time. The game doesn't allow it.

2. 1-3 mph breeze isn't that negligible. Was the breeze directly in line with the club and pin? If not then combined with a different hitting spot for each shot you'll get a wider dispersion.

3. What about spin? Did you vary your spin or not? That MacDaddy is as touchy as my Clevos, and any amount of difference in selected spin will affect distance and ball fight, and when combined with the two variables I've pointed out above you could end up exactly as you said you did, like Swiss cheese.

Funny that hey...

There you go. I've pointed out the flaws in your attempt at providing proof.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 12:42 PM

@Luckystar5

Just a quick note to let you know that the quote was not intended to be directed at you. 

By the way, the Callaways at 625 credits only have 2.0 of durability. The Level 90 Nikes are actually cheaper because they have a higher durability. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Feb 21 2018 1:34 PM

Yes, thank you, I saw that.  Don't laugh, but I'm not a Nike fan irl, so I'd rather play the callys, and I have found that advice given to me before, was to match my equipment by brand, might be a better idea.  So I'm trying it.  Time will tell. 

RSS