Forums

Help › Forums

Pop Up Advertisement covering wind direction indicator

Tue, Oct 22 2019 3:47 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cmurphy1
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 6:32 PM

3x now a Disney banner add shows up across the top of the screen, covering yardage and wind direction.  There's no way to close it out.   Could you please provide an option to close it out?

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 6:58 PM

I use AdBlock and never see those ads

But, i think this are pretty invasive & an abuse for part of the WGT, one thing is sell you ''virtual stuff'' to ''improve'' the gameplay, but those ads in the middle of the screen while you play a round....?

Looks like a bit to much

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 6:59 PM

Have you tried AdBlock?

I never have a problem with Ads. I played 11 times today and never saw it.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2018 1:14 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

I use AdBlock and never see those ads

But, i think this are pretty invasive & an abuse for part of the WGT, one thing is sell you ''virtual stuff'' to ''improve'' the gameplay, but those ads in the middle of the screen while you play a round....?

Looks like a bit to much

My main 2 browsers are very old versions that were only installed in the last year. Being that old the Chrome store no longer supports them so I can't get adblock on them, But I have never seen the ad that he is referring to . So it might be that the players that are seeing them have an adbot infecting their computer and need to run something like Adbot search and destroy to clean their computer.

• IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2018 3:42 PM

Here's how to get rid of annoying pop ups....

You can download 2 different free ad blockers for the following 2 browsers.

1st.  AdBlocker Plus for internet explorer browser. https://adblockplus.org/

2nd. AdBlocker Ultimate for Google Chrome browser

https://adblockultimate.net/donate.html                                                                                  

go to the bottom of the webpage for the free download to click on for this one..

I have them both. The Disney pop up ad is now gone & I get no more pop up ads on any websites no matter which browser I use.                                          

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sun, Jan 28 2018 5:04 PM

borntobesting:

My main 2 browsers are very old versions that were only installed in the last year. Being that old the Chrome store no longer supports them so I can't get adblock on them, But I have never seen the ad that he is referring to . So it might be that the players that are seeing them have an adbot infecting their computer and need to run something like Adbot search and destroy to clean their computer.

I been using AdBlock many years before of start to play this game, an app for block the intrusive publicity around internet are indispensable to me

Sadly this site not take care about all that crap ads & not provide a clean environment where you can enjoy the game whitout suffer all that popup's, even more... probably they make more money with all that crap ads than with the sells of virtual stuff

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2018 12:58 AM

LEDzZzEPP:

borntobesting:

I been using AdBlock many years before of start to play this game, an app for block the intrusive publicity around internet are indispensable to me

Sadly this site not take care about all that crap ads & not provide a clean environment where you can enjoy the game whitout suffer all that popup's, even more... probably they make more money with all that crap ads than with the sells of virtual stuff

You people just don't get it do you? Ads and pop-ups that affect game play are not put on by WGT. They are a result of some type of adbot/spybot infecting the computers of the players that see these type of ads. Download something like Spybot Search and Destroy and run it regularly. Because these are not normal ads many adblock programs miss these and let them get through,

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2018 5:38 PM

borntobesting:

You people just don't get it do you? Ads and pop-ups that affect game play are not put on by WGT. They are a result of some type of adbot/spybot infecting the computers of the players that see these type of ads. Download something like Spybot Search and Destroy and run it regularly. Because these are not normal ads many adblock programs miss these and let them get through,

Are you so sure?

Seems lot of people has infected their PC's with the same ''Disney bot'', dont you?

Anyway, you are missing my point & badly, the fact is this site (wgt) have a platform where all this garbage ads and popups are allowed

I dont care really, are possible block that crap with an simple app, but what we need to concider (IMO) is that: this site have a platform where all this garbage ads and popups are allowed

END of the history

• IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2018 10:21 PM

Here's how to get rid of annoying pop ups....

You can download 2 different free ad blockers for the following                                2 browsers.

1st.  AdBlocker Plus for internet explorer browser. https://adblockplus.org/

2nd. AdBlocker Ultimate for Google Chrome browser

https://adblockultimate.net/donate.html                                                                                  

go to the bottom of the webpage for the free download to click on for this one..

I have them both. The Disney pop up ad is now gone & I get no more pop up ads on any websites no matter which browser I use. I've  also ran Spybot and my Norton 360 and there are no adbots or spybots on my computer....

IJACK21

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2018 7:47 AM

I heard about Slimjet browser about a week ago. I tried it and I get ZERO ads. I don't even get videos before the round or at the turn. The meter is smooth and the browser loads fast. I probably have close to a hundred rounds now on this browser and I highly recommend it. Hopefully it will continue to perform.

Cheers   Brett

• PAGES
RSS