Forums

Help › Forums

Just reached pro tier, missed shots punished more?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 26 2018 5:52 AM (5 replies)
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 12:32 PM

I just reached the Pro tier, and I'm noticing off the tee that shots with misses (lets say 35% away from the "Excellent" hash mark and the next mark over) now result in shots way off line well into the rough.  On the Amateur tier, the same misses with the same clubs would just result with shots being a few yards off target as well as lost distance, but still playable unless there was a narrow landing spot.

Am I imagining this behavior, or is there really that much of a difference in the two tiers?  If I have to step up my game so be it, it was just a bit of a shock have these shots flying all over the place essentially destroying the hole right off the tee.

• SKrietz
    835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 12:53 PM

as you tier up the game will get harder

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2018 1:05 PM

It's probably due to a combination of different tee boxes and maybe slightly higher winds. At least, if I recall correctly, at Pro tier, you move back a bit. 

Every tier has it's own adjustments. Take heart! As soon as you make the adjustment, you'll probably tier up again. :-) 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 11:02 AM

The further away you are the more your errors will matter. Geometry.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jan 25 2018 1:12 PM

I have to think back a long way, but as I remember, the Pro tier is when you begin playing outdoors.

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 26 2018 5:52 AM

I always have problems at the windmill. :)

RSS