Forums

Help › Forums

Chipping on green

Sat, Jan 27 2018 6:00 PM (117 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:19 PM

I won't apologize for my use of grammar, spelling, or punctuation.  I know that I'm not an educated man, as I chose to quit school and go and fight for my country.  But that in turn, doesn't make me stupid.  So leave the English lesson for high schoolers of today.  This is about the golf game ,not school work.

I've read these forums religiously, for a long time now, and received alot of good stuff.,  In retrospect, I've also recieved enough garbage to fertilize an entire farm.  Personally, I can't believe that some of you will pick and choose tiny things to rant and rave about. (This topic is one). Imo, someone will use the spirit of the game to complain about someone, who is not breaking the rules, and give him a label.  Where in fact, they break the gentleman's part of the same ruling that they are quoting.  Really? It's gentlemanly to label someone?  

Why hasn't anyone followed all the advice given on here?  Problem with something, contact wgt and get their ruling on it!   Then live with the decision. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:28 PM

Luckystar5:
    Personally, I can't believe that some of you will pick and choose tiny things to rant and rave about. (This topic is one).

It's just a discussion. Some people like to discuss some things; others, something else. For some, they'll spend a lot of time discussing what makes for a proper set of cookware and cutlery. Doesn't interest me; but it interests them.

Personally, I like participating in discussion boards. There are currently three that I participate on. I guess that maybe it's a bit of a hobby for me.

But the reality is that we all spend or waste time doing something or discussing that others might same the same thing.... I can't believe people spend the time doing X. In that vein, here's something I saw a few years ago that I thought, "Why in the world would anyone actually do this, and why are people watching?" 

Enjoy!

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:35 PM

People need to stop putting WGT and golf in the same sentence. The 2 are poles apart. Perhaps even further than that.

I'm off to paddle my canoe.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:42 PM

Luckystar5:
    I won't apologize for my use of grammar, spelling, or punctuation.

Nobody was asking you to and nobody called or inferred you were stupid. I will commend you for getting the message, though. It's a lot easier to see what you're thinking and where you're coming from.

On that, I don't think this is about labeling anybody, it's just a hot topic that gets people going. This one happened to evolve into a deeper meaning of the real game.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:50 PM

Lutjanid:
    I'm off to paddle my canoe.

LOL! 

Well played. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 1:39 PM

I'm just really tired of people getting down on others!  Earlier in here, someone called that chipping person a gamer, not a golfer.  That's a label, and in reality, this is a video game, which makes everyone that plays, a gamer, and every shot taken, a gamers move.  

In another thread, someone stated that because we play mobile, that we destroyed the meaning of being a legend, etc.  Because we chose not to be a pcer, those that play pc, are better than us?  The best one is that if anyone ever played a closer tee, they should be labeled as a country club champion.  If you don't get my drift, then sorry, but it's really ridiculous.   I know that this doesn't apply to all out there, but one gets really tired.  I followed all the advice I was given on here, I've had more than my share of practice, coin games and cc tourneys, and clashs.  I really hate being thrown under a bus because I may or may not have achieved anything the way they did. 

Don't take me wrong please, alot of these discussions have taught me alot, some worked, some not.  Much of the advice was greatly appreciated, and I don't want to alienate anyone, I just wish that everyone would think about what they say before they print it.  Think how someone will take it. Yes I took your statement as derogatory towards me, about my grammar, and punctuation, if that's not the way you meant it, then great.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 5:46 PM

By the way, I forgot about Chambers Bay, 12th hole. Now that's where you can really make a gamer move. 

A while back, I read on here that you can bounce it off the side of the hill. So, I tried it a couple of times. I got an eagle out of it once. WGT won't allow me to embed it, so here's the link:

https://everyplay.com/videos/25201225

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 6:00 PM

Luckystar5:
    Yes I took your statement as derogatory towards me, about my grammar, and punctuation, if that's not the way you meant it, then great.  

It wasn't, all I offered was my own difficulty in reading and understanding you. Apparently it hit home because I have zero problem now. :-)

RSS